Would anyone be interested in a TRD shift knob group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
It looks like a knock-off of the genuine TRD knob, since it says "Toyota Motor Sports" instead of "Toyota Racing Development". My cheapo seat belt pads say motor sports. I'd like one of these too but it would have to be $35 or less if not genuine TRD.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
If its a true TRD knob that comes pre threaded (non of this thread the plastic yourself bullshit) and the price is cheaper than JayMarks (60 or so) then I'd more than likely be in. I've wanted one for a while, just not very high on my list of priorities :)

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
If it does screw on Ill buy one. (whats the price?) I hate the stupid one that I have it pulls off all the time. Anything is better then that. I tell people its a security feature. Like the radio faceplate that comes off so no one takes the radio! :rofl:

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
i already have one but wouldnt mind having a spare one. iirc i bought the one i have from toyota for about $55

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Someone post up a side by side pic of one off of jay marks and the one on the first page for everyone's reference ;). I will give you a deffinite yay or nay on me being in on the GB once we have feedback on the price.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
trdshiftknobrm5.jpg
trdshiftknobrm5.jpg

Not sure what you are looking for with a side by side picture... the one from Jay Marks (Champion Toyota) looks just like the one on the first page.

OK... I just have to say DAYUMN! on these things. Just chatted with my parts guy and OUCH! If mine were in better shape I'd sell it.

Short story is that Toyota and TRD have merged (in some weird way) and all TRD parts come through Toyota (and of course Toyota takes their cut - increasing the price).

Hang on to your shorts!

Retail is $76.41 - do I at least get a mint with that screw job?

Bob says he can do them for $60 each + shipping

WOW! Might as well just get the factory original shift knob. :)

Last edited:

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Just got a reply back from the Toyota rep, they will be $56 plus shipping. Probably cheaper if we get more people in. So do I have permission to make an actual thread?

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.