Williams Winter, Spring and into Summer NA-t Build :)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Ok so tommarow we are going to be pulling the engine :fingers crossed:

I got some misc parts here and there Ill try and post up pics. But ill be taking COUNTLESS picture tommarow to litter SM's server with.

IM shooting for 20+ pictures tommarow! This is almost gonna be a "how-to" thread....:biglaugh:

Damn i hope i can get the engine hoist tommarow! How big are they guys? Could i fit one in the back of a subaru forester?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
4fwv0h1.jpg

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
s383mmber1 said:
Ok so tommarow we are going to be pulling the engine :fingers crossed:

I got some misc parts here and there Ill try and post up pics. But ill be taking COUNTLESS picture tommarow to litter SM's server with.

IM shooting for 20+ pictures tommarow! This is almost gonna be a "how-to" thread....:biglaugh:

Damn i hope i can get the engine hoist tommarow! How big are they guys? Could i fit one in the back of a subaru forester?

not all bolted together, but brand new in the box probaly..

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Ok guys, so Chris came down like, idk, 11 oclock ish.

We got ALOT done today, all the wiring's removed, ready to be pulled. The driveshaft was a BITCH to get out. Luckily, chris was a wiz and figured out how to make a contraption out of a combination of 10-15 wrench's to get the bolts loose. AND while he was doing that he managed to get gear oil all over him and in his hair! ::w00t::

We didn't get a chance to pull the engine tonight. It was gettting kinnda late, and the guy who i rented the hoist from was nice and it only cost me 20 instead of 35! :icon_bigg

So heres some misc parts. Im getting excited but can't decide weather i want to run the car with a stock CT or a big bad 57 trim.......:naughty:

See Chris, ACTION SHOT! ;)

If you notice 75 percent of the floor is covered in gear oil. I knocked it over when ripping out my exhaust :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, that gear oil took forever to get out of my hair! dammit! note to self- DONT GET GEAR OIL IN MY HAIR!

as for the progress, i was hoping to have the engine pulled, but like you stated will, it was getting a bit late. we will definately have it out and mounted to the stand next time. then the real fun begins! :)

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff said:
haha, that gear oil took forever to get out of my hair! dammit! note to self- DONT GET GEAR OIL IN MY HAIR!

as for the progress, i was hoping to have the engine pulled, but like you stated will, it was getting a bit late. we will definately have it out and mounted to the stand next time. then the real fun begins! :)

-shaeff

Good thinking about not pulling the engine. When you left, after about 15 minutes passed, the sun went down and it got FREEZING! I really would not have wanted to be out there, and im sure you wouldn't have either!

:)

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I'm thinking of going NA-T at some point. You don't have to answer here (or at all), but about how much is your budget for this? Are you rebuilding the engine at all besides replacing the head gasket? Good luck, I'll be watching this thread. :)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
swaq said:
I'm thinking of going NA-T at some point. You don't have to answer here (or at all), but about how much is your budget for this? Are you rebuilding the engine at all besides replacing the head gasket? Good luck, I'll be watching this thread. :)

Ok well basically, you can gather all the parts for probably under 600 bucks if you take your time.

I also opted to have someone work with me and pay them! SO that cost a little.

I a only replacing the headgastket right now. I only want around 400 HP.

And in terms of money wise so far, im jsut under the 2K mark. That includes intercooler set up, BOV, BIC DDP, Engine hoist rental (not much) And probably a 3.5 inch exhaust.

It CAN be done cheaply.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
swaq said:
How many miles are on your engine? One of the things I'm worried about is that my engine has 203k miles so I'm not sure if it would be reliable under boost unless I rebuilt it.

Ive got right around 130K and the guy before me took every maintenece step possible. I have a book of receipts. Every month my car went into toyota for a oil change and about 250 bucks worth of maintainence. So i got lucky! :)

With 203K i wouldn't go for it unless you stayed at 6PSI or somesort. I would purchase a new block and build it to your likings if i were you!

Or jsut straight up JDM GTE swap! Those are fairly cheap!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
s383mmber1 said:
Ok guys, so Chris came down like, idk, 11 oclock ish.

We got ALOT done today, all the wiring's removed, ready to be pulled. The driveshaft was a BITCH to get out. Luckily, chris was a wiz and figured out how to make a contraption out of a combination of 10-15 wrench's to get the bolts loose. AND while he was doing that he managed to get gear oil all over him and in his hair! ::w00t::

Lookin good so far, can't wait to see it done

What was so hard about the driveshaft?? Heh, it took me about 15 minutes, a ratchet and a wrench to get mine out by myself :naughty:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
SupraDerk said:

What was so hard about the driveshaft?? Heh, it took me about 15 minutes, a ratchet and a wrench to get mine out by myself :naughty:

IDK! It was jsut giving us some trouble. Nothing too bad! Bolts were a little tough to get off!

UPDATE!

Just mounted up my new ECU and fixed The BOV. Cleaned up the garage too!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
s383mmber1 said:
Ive got right around 130K and the guy before me took every maintenece step possible. I have a book of receipts. Every month my car went into toyota for a oil change and about 250 bucks worth of maintainence. So i got lucky! :)

With 203K i wouldn't go for it unless you stayed at 6PSI or somesort. I would purchase a new block and build it to your likings if i were you!

Or jsut straight up JDM GTE swap! Those are fairly cheap!

That is nice. I was thinking of shooting for 250-300 rwhp if I did go turbo. I'm a little hesitant to put in an engine with an unknown history. I'd feel like it would need to be rebuilt anyway. For 203k miles the current engine runs really well and it's never had a BHG. On the other hand, a full swap would probably be easier... Or I could just save the money for a future car. I'm so torn, heh...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
SupraDerk said:

we could only get the car jacked up so far, and there wasn't much room to move. i just needed leverage, really, and with almost no room under there, leverage was hard to find. that's all. if the car were higher off the ground i'd have had them broken loose and the driveshaft out in less than 15 minutes. (like i did on my car)

i'm no newb to doing this stuff, that bitch was on there, and with no room, it was more difficult than it should have been. but whatever, i digress. :)

will, it did get wicked cold, really fast! that would have sucked!

-shaeff

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
s383mmber1 said:
For the oil line, probably custom, not 100 percent sure yet. Maybe Shaeff will chime in here as hes helping me out quite abit!

For exhaust, im going with a open BIC DDP for now, and when emissions come, ill hook up my stock NA system. Then take it off soon after. I dont mind the noise, and dont feel like dropping 400+ bucks for an exhaust. That money's going towards my maft pro and other stuff.

Eventually i will go to BIC for his exhaust.
you HAVE driven around w/ open dp, right? :aigo: i could only go 2 weeks before i bought an exhaust... although i swore i wouldn't :D