WI Supra owners.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
^^Get Stance from Touge Factory in Chitown, those guys will take care of you. Plus if you have any problems, its fairly local and they're always more than willing to help!

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
87M-GTE;1290679 said:
Anyone want to buy my 1JZ? haha

Matt, any luck with the upgraded ct/3'' exhaust? or work?

Any project updates?
I'm looking to get coilovers and suspension bushings by the end of summer atleast.

-Sam

Eh deal fell through, but that's fine with me. Why the 1JZ for sale? What changed?

Sam if you drive your car on the street your only real coilover choice should be Tein Flex Coilovers. I know they are more expensive then what your looking at ( Although they used to be only $1300 back in the day )... but they are the best feel on the street and also make a good track coilover. Just ask Tekedus ( sp ), he had TEIN Super Streets and he hated them / switched to Flex. Also, Flex can use the TEIN controller which is super baller. Most coilovers are just the same thing marketed different... I don't think that Stance coilovers are going to be all that personally..

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Thanks for the input! What makes such a difference between the SS and Flex? I was talking to BorHor, he recommended the Stance coilovers.

Anyways, I've been kinda looking into the capabilities/potential of the 7M and hell, Ive got a good one to build from so i figured I might as well start with that. Also adding up the total 1JZ expenses, all of what I would need to get to make it work is gonna just nickel and dime me to death...

So I am now thinking for this summer: New tires/rims, coilovers, suspension bushings, and a few other things on the bottom side of the car to make it a real solid platform.
Then over winter: I am looking into the SP61GT/SP67GT from sound performance, 264 cams, Spearco replica, hardpipes, MHG, arps, substantial fuel mods, and I havent decided on what it will be tuned with.

Oh! by the way I installed my 1-piece Aluminum driveshaft last week, installation took maybe an hour, and the outcome is awesome! Way smoother starting and stopping, faster acceleration, and an all around better ride. I can get you guys deals on Shaftmasters driveshafts through Garage Built Motorworks to. So if you are interested pm me!

-Sam

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
87M-GTE;1290818 said:
Thanks for the input! What makes such a difference between the SS and Flex? I was talking to BorHor, he recommended the Stance coilovers.

Anyways, I've been kinda looking into the capabilities/potential of the 7M and hell, Ive got a good one to build from so i figured I might as well start with that. Also adding up the total 1JZ expenses, all of what I would need to get to make it work is gonna just nickel and dime me to death...

So I am now thinking for this summer: New tires/rims, coilovers, suspension bushings, and a few other things on the bottom side of the car to make it a real solid platform.
Then over winter: I am looking into the SP61GT/SP67GT from sound performance, 264 cams, Spearco replica, hardpipes, MHG, arps, substantial fuel mods, and I havent decided on what it will be tuned with.

Oh! by the way I installed my 1-piece Aluminum driveshaft last week, installation took maybe an hour, and the outcome is awesome! Way smoother starting and stopping, faster acceleration, and an all around better ride. I can get you guys deals on Shaftmasters driveshafts through Garage Built Motorworks to. So if you are interested pm me!

-Sam
Maybe at some point I'll want a DS.

Sam, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents on a better turbo kit then anything SP offers as well. Unless you've been in a GT35R powered car you will not know how great this turbo is: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-gt35rturbokitfor7m-gte.php this is the end all best turbo kit you can get for the 7MGTE and I recommend it. If you'd like at some point I will have my best friend bring his GT35R-40R hybrid turbo FC to a local Supra meet so you can feel first hand how amazing this turbo is. It's a tad more then SP's turbo's but it's dual ball bearing and famous for being a great turbo. Could easily get 500-600rwhp on pump on a 7m w/ this. Not only that but that kit is a pretty complete kit.

As far as flex vs SS:

That's just what I hear from people who have rode in both. IDK you live in a nice little town that can afford to have decent roads. In Milwaukee I wouldn't dream of running super stiff coilovers it even feels like shit on the stock soft suspension here. Should ask Tekedus ( he has the widebody cherry red car ).

And I'm glad your realizing you had a great platform all along. If your motor isn't built already Eagle pistons are a steal man. I'm sure there are plenty of JDM tyte guys on SF who would want your 1jz.

At this point I might be selling my Supra again lol. I need to fix up its minor problems so I can get closer to what I want but I think I should just stick it into my purple supra or a cheap hardtop.

BTW I have a surprising coming:
p1290848_1.jpg

p1290848_2.jpg

I also ordered a cold air intake setup for my 7m :). Should be here soon.

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
im loving all the progress eveyrone is running. if anyone needs help let me know. always down to help a supra owner. i can also do minor things liek polish and fab small items. in sprig of 2010 ill be attending amtc for cnc so we should all get items we want amde so i can make them up.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
SupraOfDoom;1290848 said:
At this point I might be selling my Supra again lol. I need to fix up its minor problems so I can get closer to what I want but I think I should just stick it into my purple supra or a cheap hardtop.

As far as the hard top goes, I put an ad in the WTB section and got some good feedback from someone in Ohio. Before I found the mk1 MR2 I am looking at buying, I was looking for a cleaner pre89 hard top to try and make a nice streetable track car. But once I drove the mr2 and heard the 7000 rpms that close to my head, I knew I needed to buy it. But anyways, a guy from ohio is selling a shell that came from cali when he moved out here. He has some nice stuff still on it and that will come with it, and you might be interested. Its an 88 maroon hardtop with grey interior. If you are interested let me know. I can pm his name to you, as I dont think I will be buying a shell anymore. I think he is looking for 1400. Best of luck on all your projects.

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
on honda-tech there was a thread for mr2's guy had a turbo so big the hatch oculdnt close he had a cut out in the rear lexan window to fit it. it was nuts:aigo: but i bought midwestwerks2jz shell. so if anyone in the future is going to be selling pedals and fenders let me know. its jsut going to get the front interioir and a na-t and than drive it around and than probably sell it for a decent chunk of change and than get a small loan towards a mk4 and call it a day and build that

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
JZa80;1291548 said:
on honda-tech there was a thread for mr2's guy had a turbo so big the hatch oculdnt close he had a cut out in the rear lexan window to fit it. it was nuts:aigo: but i bought midwestwerks2jz shell. so if anyone in the future is going to be selling pedals and fenders let me know. its jsut going to get the front interioir and a na-t and than drive it around and than probably sell it for a decent chunk of change and than get a small loan towards a mk4 and call it a day and build that

I've got a gas pedal and an auto brake pedal. lmk :biglaugh:

JZa80

Mar 6, 2009
WI
how much for the gas pedal as soon as i can find aprt numbers im going to order the rbake pedal and clutch pedal from toyota

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Matt- I'd be down to check out your buddy's GT35R FC.
I have seen that turbo kit before, but never really considered it. too much thinking of 1JZ stuff.. I'll definately consider it though! looks to be real quality, like the rest of the DM products. Especially considering that it is basically a complete kit, for the price of the SP67GT.

-Sam

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
illmatic357;1291707 said:
Matt is time to get an sc u need to move on lol

Cam I hate to say it but I hate MKIV's, and more then that I hate any lexus ever. I am not a fan of the round styling it's gross to me. MKIII's are my love and it will never change.

87M-GTE;1291701 said:
Matt- I'd be down to check out your buddy's GT35R FC.
I have seen that turbo kit before, but never really considered it. too much thinking of 1JZ stuff.. I'll definately consider it though! looks to be real quality, like the rest of the DM products. Especially considering that it is basically a complete kit, for the price of the SP67GT.

-Sam

Yeah Sam I'm telling you 7M is great. Just think about it :). You would be in love w/ that kit.

illmatic357

in me soarer rip my mk3
Aug 2, 2005
Milwaukee
rota P45F rims plain silver 18x8 5x114.3 650.00
rota p45F rims Hyper steel grey 18x8.5 5x114.3 +30 offset 675.00
these are BNIB WITH ALL CENTER CAPS AND HAVENT BEEN USED ONLY 1 rims has been open per box for DISPLAY

n673775296_6511988_430250.jpg

n673775296_6511989_5970970.jpg

n673775296_6511973_6399295.jpg

n673775296_6511975_585549.jpg

n673775296_6511976_48624.jpg

n673775296_6511977_1835675.jpg

n673775296_6511976_48624.jpg

as tekken mat u wont beat me my sn on ps online is just_blow_me and ill clap u up in killzone or MGS