WI Supra owners.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
87M-GTE;1266034 said:
Matt, how many Supras have you ownd thus far?

I'm only on my second one:naughty:

Well, technically six different Supra's, but one twice :).

1: My Purple 87 Turbo Targa 5 Speed that I got stripped in my garage. First car, bought when I was 18.

2: 87 Blue na auto hardtop, stripped it for parts

3: Red 89 na auto targa Supra, IDK why I bought this one, sold it as a whole.

4: 84 P-type that I bought for $250. oil sender stopped working engine blew up

5: white 88 hardtop turbo supra w/ super mon. Had a bolt in the oil pan and was in pieces... put it back together and sold it on ebay to get a 1jz.

6: Maroon Supra ... got from dealer w/ loan. Had to sell because I had no job.

6.5 dito except title is in my name for realz.

Most the old Supra owners from my purple supra days are no longer around or have them anymore. I think that audioman is probably as far back as they go from WI now and I got mine before he got his. Tim from SP as well but he plays it major low key now. It's ok, you guys are fresh faces for me... young guys... but will you sell them in time too? Shit I registered on SF in 2001. I had an account first day on the old SM before it got hacked and re-made.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Matt, I know that most guys probably say what I'm going to say, but... I have no plans on selling my car. Only way that will happen is if I get a deal I can't afford to pass on, or if I wreck it past saving (wrap it around a tree, for example). I may buy another car to beat on and have the Supra as a weekend/nice weather car sometime in the future, but I absolutely LOVE my car.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I'll have dumped a minimum of 2000 into my car by the end of the year doing my 5spd conversion and gte build/swap. I'll be around 600 deep by the end of the month if everything goes right (suspension, trans/related parts). Ahhh the life of a Supra owner... :cry: haha

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Damn... 20gs... you're nuts dude lol

I'd have more money if I didn't buy my guitar, studs, vest, and patches... stupid high school rebellious phases :3d_frown:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Same here. If I could have my way, my car would probably have over 30K in it. Pre-89 Regulus kit and a stroker 7m would be the big numbers in that

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Moy;1266197 said:
Same here. If I could have my way, my car would probably have over 30K in it. Pre-89 Regulus kit and a stroker 7m would be the big numbers in that

Stroked 7M's are meh. Supracentral did a good write up on why somewhere on here.

For my purple Supra I dream of a 3.4 L 2JZ w/ the new compound TT kit that hits 20 PSI @ 2800 rpms.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I read what Mike wrote. Shouldn't stroke the 7m because it falls under the "very short life" category. Adjuster stroked his 7m to 3.24L.

I'd stroke the 7m just because so few people do it (for smart reasons).

When I first bought my supra, I wanted to do a 2jzge-t. I even have a set of lower mileage 2jz-gte pistons/rods sitting in my garage for that if I decide to go that path (or someone buys em from me). That fell through, though. The engine was sold before I could get the money together for it.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
1JZ 4 ME!!!!!:biglaugh:
Thats what my current plans are anyways..

Why are stupid parts sooo expensive?!?!??!
I budgeted a not too extreme build and I flew past 5K in like 5 minutes:1zhelp:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1267355 said:
1JZ 4 ME!!!!!:biglaugh:
Thats what my current plans are anyways..

Why are stupid parts sooo expensive?!?!??!
I budgeted a not too extreme build and I flew past 5K in like 5 minutes:1zhelp:

Christ almighty.... that's why I'm going 7m! Shit's easier to come by! lol. On that note, I need to find some eagle rods and either probe or wiseco pistons, preferably for cheap :naughty:

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Hmmm, I thought about dumping a small block into mine, fuck the haters, dollar for dollar the small block can't be beat for power. But now I'm selling all my stuff haha, might get a bike to tie me over till I get my next project in a couple of years.