WI Supra owners.

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
JERX88;1254677 said:
I am very excited. I have only been able to drive mine for about 3-4 weeks total as I bought it right before winter. I have been saving for parts all winter, and picking up a few here and there. I dont know what my plans for the rest of the car are, considering the money I have to spend and the new ideas always flowing through my mind, but I do know that I am going to be pleased this summer as I watch and feel the driving difference as my stock Supra turns into the car I want it to be.

If only I could create some sort of time machine to make this dreadful thing we call winter go by faster...

I'm only excited for winter to pass over because now I can tear up the asphalt as much as I want because I do daily drive my supra throughout the winter and not being able boost is saddenning. Stupid snow.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
I dd'd my supra all last winter:3d_frown:
I figure we've got just about a month till its going to be consistently nice out
...I hope

-Sam

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1259445 said:
I dd'd my supra all last winter:3d_frown:
I figure we've got just about a month till its going to be consistently nice out
...I hope

-Sam

I'm with you on that one Sam. I can't wait until it's nice out. I need to take apart the front end of my car to line everything up properly and to do some body work (if needed).

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1260029 said:
You forgot something! Buy my GTE swap and I'll help you put it in:naughty:

I'd need help to do the swap for sure, but first I need the engine. Then after that, I'll need to figure out how much money I have left to source an R154, drive shaft, 3.73 or 3.93 LSD, master/slave cylinders, clutch line, and clutch/brake pedals :aigo:

Auto to manual conversion... that's gonna suck :1zhelp:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'll come.

PS. Why the switch 7M to 1JZ? Just curious as I'm a fan of both since I had a 1JZ.

Also I got rid of my Talon... and I might be picking my Supra up this weekend if all goes well.

Last edited:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
SupraOfDoom;1260345 said:
I'll come.

PS. Why the switch 7M to 1JZ? Just curious as I'm a fan of both since I had a 1JZ.

Also I got rid of my Talon... and I might be picking my Supra up this weekend if all goes well.

idk, I like the 1jz better, more power, more reliable, etc.. Although I haven't had any problems with my 7M yet.

Good luck on picking up the supra this week!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1260802 said:
idk, I like the 1jz better, more power, more reliable, etc.. Although I haven't had any problems with my 7M yet.

Bah, I was hoping you weren't going to say "more reliable". The 7M can be just as reliable as a JZ engine if built correctly and properly maintained.

Matt, which/who's Supra are you getting?

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Moy;1260898 said:
Bah, I was hoping you weren't going to say "more reliable". The 7M can be just as reliable as a JZ engine if built correctly and properly maintained.

Matt, which/who's Supra are you getting?

I'm getting my old one ( check my profile, it's the maroon one ).

87M-GTE;1260802 said:

In stock form it's more powerful / reliable. Eh, the 7M is great.. shoulda toyed around w/ yours more before coming to those conclusions. That money could have gone towards an upgrade ct w/ supporting mods... you'd be making more power then a stock 1jz by quite a lot. Upgraded CT's are fun.

Thanks.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Eh I know that 7M's can be just as reliable, I never said they werent. I havnt even had a problem with mine.. I just want to have my own shit thats different from everyone elses, I have no problems with the 7M I just thought a 1JZ would be more fun and accepting to high boost/abuse.

Sam

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
87M-GTE;1261841 said:
Yeah man for sure! Just FYI im not building it to 'stock' at all..

BIC mount adapters

So Sam, what all do you have in store for the torque-less wonder? :biglaugh:

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
-DM67
-BC 272's
-1000cc
-MKIV pump
-ARP hardware all around (head studs, Rod bolts, Main bearing caps, etc)
-Maybe new piston rings (we'll see when i take em out, if the 100 shot of nos fry'd em) lol
-Beefier clutch
-BIG FMIC
-Hardpipes
-AEM or a Stinger (idk which yet)
-All new gaskets, seals, etc...
-Probably a cage

This is all a shopping list basically,
I still would like to do a DM 57 trim ct26 n all that jazz on my car first but idk

Matt, when did you have a 1JZ?

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Very nice list.

Hey Matt, did you plan on coming down here to pick up your old car, or is it being dropped off to you? I know exactly where it's at, I actually stopped by and took a look about a week or two ago.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I plan on coming down. How does it look?

I had a 1JZ like 4 years ago but I never put it in. I also had BC 272's :/
p1261943_1.jpg

p1261943_2.jpg

*edit** didn't you see my old cardomain? I had so much shit I was almost ready to have one of the most decked out a70's ever but I fucked up and sold it all to take off work for a year.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/651754

My wheels :(
p1261943_3.jpg

p1261943_4.jpg

p1261943_5.jpg

my exhaust ( was going to do one per turbo, true dual ):
p1261943_6.jpg

Chop of all the shit I had:
p1261943_7.jpg

I still want to build a bunch of killer a70's but I can't seem to stay happy at jobs... I quit really easy now. Trying to find my place in life.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I wish you the best of luck.

The car was a little dirty, didn't look like it'd been washed in a while. Some of the trim was missing, but everything else looked alright. I only took a quick look at it, so that's about all I saw.