Why the MKIII?

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I was actually getting ready to fly up to Kentucky to buy a SC300 last week. I looked at every picture I could find with rims, spoilers, etc but I came to the conclusion that I like the MKIII better. I had a buyer for my car at work, but I couldn't sell it. I also remember looking at the Supra back in 89. Way to expensive for an E-4 salary in the military. I am sure that I will have my MKIII for many years to come. I would buy a MKIV, but I think they are the most overpriced car on the market.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LilMissMkIII said:
Oh you're a shit!!!!

The Transformers,
More than meets the eye
Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the deceptions
The Transformers
Robots in disguise
The Transformers
More than meets the eye
The Transformers. ;)

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
I think that the mk3 is the perfect sleeper! Mine was originally a n/a before I didn the swap, so it has no decals or turbo emblems at all, plus not too many people know what kind of car it is. Everyone knows what a mk4 supra is along with camaros, mustangs, civics(thanks to fast and furious), corvettes, 300zx, and vipers and all the other publicized race cars, but not the mk3 supra. When mk3 supras are built strong and then blow the doors off some guy with his $50K corvette, his unforgettable...for the guy with his corvette and mk3 owner.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
IJ. said:
The Transformers,
More than meets the eye
Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the deceptions
The Transformers
Robots in disguise
The Transformers
More than meets the eye
The Transformers. ;)

Hahahaha!!!! Nice!!!!!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
the MKIII fit the bill for what i was looking for, a good project that was RWD and either a sports car or a GT car. it is still a project car, but i prefer to drive it more than my dd. if i wanted a MKIV i would have saved up and bought one.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Top had to come off - got the sport roof check
Had to be able to handle the corners nicely - check
Had to have good brakes - check
Had to have good get up and go - check
Had to be comfortable - I'm 6'4" - check
Had to have style - CHECK
Had to have quality - check

And to the comment "A large majority of them look and run like shit" that is 100% a factor of the owner. I've got 186,000 miles on mine and it still runs/looks GREAT! I've had very few problems with the car over the past 11 years I've owned it. I'm still on the original turbo, just the second clutch, and the engine has never been cracked open except to do a retorque at 74k miles.

We are actually seeing more and more "ridden hard and put away wet" MkIVs - again not a problem with the car.

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
Murd said:
Body styling. I love the look of the stock MKIII.

Im with him... dont get me wrong the MK4's body styling is sexy but ive always liked the older model cars for some reason. Like i tell everyone, my dream supra would be a MK3 with a 2jzgte. Even with my current car. I could have gotten the STi but instead i kept the 2000 Impreza 2.5RS and swapped a WRX engine in it and now, not only did i spend less money but am also faster than an STi... and honestly i think the body style impreza that i have (GM6/GC8) looks far better than any of the newer body style imprezas. Anyway, after rejoining this forum i think i'll eventually get another mk3 and maybe swap a 1jz in it instead (cheaper.) We'll see!

Willie

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Got my drivers license in 1990!!! I remember going to my local Toyota dealership and seing a Red 3e5 MK3 in the showroom with the targa off and thinking someday I will own this car!!!! Well I wised up and got a blue one 15 years later...:icon_razz

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
I love the MKIII Supra because it looks sexxxy! Even though a lot of them look like crap it is because they are 20 year old cars. But if they are clean or have been restored they look amazing. Personal I like them better than the MKIV and the price difference is huge! I am almost 17 and am about to start driving my 89 that my dad and I just got done swapping a 1J into. When at age 30 I probably couldn't afford a 93' N/A Auto (Just because of The Fast and The Furious movies). I love the whole Supra Line Up and I picked the MKIII because it is the most attractive and fun car on Earth!