Why the MKIII?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
slidebabyslide said:
I'ts just me but i would not make my license place visible, if you live in stockton or around sac. I Know people that have had there car's stolen.
What's the difference between that and the hundreds of people who see it while driving everyday?

SkyHawk Ecks

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Stockton, CA
You can't even tell the other half of the letters and numbers on mine anyway. My car shares the same risk as everyone else in my court of having their car stolen.

I don't think license plate tracking is available in California.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
MRSUPRA said:
Is it that you can have a Supra for 1-3 grand? No, I paid about 5 times that much for my 92.

You like the old boxy 80s styling and interior? TO most of us here, it doesn't look old and boxy. But lean and mean. Not bubbly and fat like the MK4.

For some reason you think the 7m is a good motor? It is a good motor. Just one flaw- the headgasket. Other than that, I could go on and on about how great this motor is to mod. 511rwhp on stock internals on mine. Over 3 years at 400+rwhp.

If you think an MK4 is great because you can get more power for less money, then you are dead wrong. The MK3 can be had for extremely cheap, and can be modded fairly cheap too. The $1100 bolt-on SP61GT turbo with supporting mods is way to much power for any BPU MK4 to handle. Ask me how I know?

and the whole oil issue :) i would opt for a 1j/2j you have to admit they are badass engines... less probs... #1 thing i hear about 1j is just the bad turbos 2j i have seen a lot go over 250k miles and are still beasts

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
"and the whole oil issue"

I'm still trying to figure out what that oil issue is. Maybe its more of an internet issue:icon_bigg . But yes the JZ's are fine too.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Im hooked on supras because....

My first car was a 86.5 5-speed NA i fell in love with it once i started modding it. I had big plans for it.
It was totaled and i looked for another mk3 supra , turbo this time. i wasn't able to find one.

I found a turbo AWD eclipse and went with it insted of searching longer.
I bought two 88 supra turbo 5-speed a year later and started working on it.

Sold the Eclipse and went with some american muscle. 01 camaro ss slp
Two months ago i bought another 89 turbo supra and sold the 88 supra.

Its just something about the supra.

I plan to buy a mk4 TT 6speed in 3 years.

A supra is a supra, no matter what year it is.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
SkyHawk Ecks said:
You can't even tell the other half of the letters and numbers on mine anyway. My car shares the same risk as everyone else in my court of having their car stolen.

I don't think license plate tracking is available in California.

Tis not, which is why ill post mine all day long.

p558897_1.jpg

Thats all day long

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I was reminded "why the MKIII" earlier at work today...

I pull in the parking lot with the targa off, and two guys (co workers) run (literally) over and say "daaamn nice! Can you drift?" I said "no, but watch this"

rev to 3k, drop the clutch, burn both tires (LSD FTW), fish tail, take off, do a 180, and park backwards in the same spot I had just pulled into..

they were amazed...

pretty funny, cause the cops came by 10 seconds later...