Why the MKIII?

AlexSmith

Argue this!
Feb 16, 2007
DFW Texas
Because the MK3 kicks ass hands down. For me it is not a question of "would I rather own a MK4 or MK3?" It's just I like the MK3 and that's what I want. Other than looks there is not much difference in the two cars anyways.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
i love theyr shape, and i especially love japan muscle cars, and MKIII no. 1 for that, they just look so damn sexy when cruising in oldtown or just by any other street ;)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Silvermk2 said:
I hate to think what you think of Mk2s then :dunno: MkIVs are great and all, but most are horrendously overpriced for the condition.

I love MKII styling. When I had my 85 Celica GT-S, which was basically a Supra from the doors back, it turned way more heads than my supra. I almost bought an MKII before my MKIII. After driving the Celica for a while I wanted a different interior and MKII's have the exact same as a Celica. Besides that, staring at my 89 head on, it just looks like a mean bitch, even though she's just a bitch. I'm working on the meanness.:naughty:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Few reasons:

1. Its sexy as fuck.. I belive it to be the best looking supra ever. If anyone wants to dissagree, thats fine. But you are wrong.

2. Cheap as poop.

3. Telling people you have a supra, they see it and get all dissapointed, then you take them for a ride and they crap themselves.............. Priceless.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Ckanderson said:
Few reasons:

3. Telling people you have a supra, they see it and get all dissapointed, then you take them for a ride and they crap themselves.............. Priceless.

My Favorite reason right there lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Ric said:
I'm just wanting to understand what made you fall in love with the older MKIII supra. Considering the drop in price for MKIV TT's and the typical amount of $$ spend in alot of MKIII's to get 3-400whp and to replace things, you could have just purchased a MKIV and had so much more.. I'm curious.

Is it that you can have a Supra for 1-3 grand?

You like the old boxy 80s styling and interior?

For some reason you think the 7m is a good motor?

Enlighten me

Why do you like the SC? and the dandelion 1j? It is a matter of opinion the way I see it and that everyone has a different taste. I could have bought more than 1 MKIV with the cash I have in to my Supra but I really like the MKIII body styling. Not all Supra turbos look like catfish you know:D

1-3 grand for an MKIII LOL..Yeah right..must be a POS for that price. A GOOD shape MKIII would go generally for 8-12K here.

7M is a great engine. I have been upping he HP over the past years and am still climbing :) Great torquey engine unlike the 1J too ;)

Duane

SkyHawk Ecks

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Stockton, CA
I was going to get a Stealth TT. But then I read up and saw that simple maintenance on those cars (and Z32s, which I also like) is a whole lot tougher than ours.

I just liked how it looked.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i love the Z32's if i EVER sold my mkiii i would get a Z32 300ZX but its pricey. 2x WG's 2x Turbos, 2x mani's. just expensive

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
HellsLegion said:
Remember Duane. like 8-12k is like 6000 here. Its true. Supras are cheap.

Well I was thinking US funds to be honest but still..A good one is not cheap.
Since I am in the US of eh! all the time, I always think American..:biglaugh:

Duane

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Because I like being able to tell everyone that I own a TT Supra. It just sounds fast even though it really isnt all that fast. Plus mine handles way better then those Honda's I used to drive. God I love RWD and LSD's!!.....

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I don't understand the point of this thread.
You come on a MK3 specific forum, and in a condescending fashion, ask why we like these cars.

Duane is right, not all Supras look like catfish.

Not to mention you don't have to spend all that much to make 300whp on a 7M...

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I don't understand why you're here if you don't like MKIIIs, other than being banned from SF, but that still doesn't explain why you're on a dedicated MKIII site. Unless you're here just to talk shit, which is probably the real answer.

I got mine because I like the way they look when modded right and it's a good all around car, does everything I want it to.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I'm here for some good chats with fellow toyota lovers and to learn and share what I know about the 1JZ-GTE engine. The MKIII being a very popular 1JZ swap and testbed for new parts, It's only natural that I visit here since my sponsor is a major company that develops alot of MKIII 1JZ parts.

And to answer your question, I do like MKIII's, especially with a z20 front end conversion (and a jz or g swap). If i still lived the single life, you'd see one in my driveway next week.

To get defensive to a question of simply why do you like your car... makes me think that maybe you dont?

Ok maybe 10% of the reason is.. Turbo SC300 owners have no where to go. It's a car that shares its platform with the MKIII and MKIV, but the only lexus forums there is, club lexus, all they care about is how many LCD screens they can fit in their dash. If i wanted to talk about the engine and tranny of my car, I have to talk to MKIII owners, and If i wanted suspension or brake help, I have to talk to MKIV owners. Its a pain in the butt.

Last edited:

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Ric said:
I'm just wanting to understand what made you fall in love with the older MKIII supra. Considering the drop in price for MKIV TT's and the typical amount of $$ spend in alot of MKIII's to get 3-400whp and to replace things, you could have just purchased a MKIV and had so much more.. I'm curious.

Is it that you can have a Supra for 1-3 grand?

You like the old boxy 80s styling and interior?

For some reason you think the 7m is a good motor?

Enlighten me
I didn't fall in love with an older MKIII Supra, I fell in love with a brand new MKIII Supra, back when you were probably still in diapers. I just couldn't afford one back then but swore that I would one day own one. Seeing one back then was like seeing a Porsche or a Ferrari, they were pretty exotic for their day. I have never had that same desire to own a MKIV Supra.