Who's interested in a CF Targa for their MK3?

viggy

Apr 9, 2007
Manchester, NH
Count me in on the CF targa top. I wouldn't mind it around Christmas time either. Come on everybody. I read everyday new comments about wishing to have a CF targa top. I need one cause it is warped and starting to rust but the car is being garaged for the winter and all body and paint work done. So others out there sign in!!!

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
viggy said:
Count me in on the CF targa top. I wouldn't mind it around Christmas time either. Come on everybody. I read everyday new comments about wishing to have a CF targa top. I need one cause it is warped and starting to rust but the car is being garaged for the winter and all body and paint work done. So others out there sign in!!!
Yeah, interest really dropped off quick, so I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not. I really hope it does, but who knows...

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
as was said, we have no idea of the quality, and going by the manufacturers word is not always the best move. find us some evidence/reviews/proof of the quality, and im sure there will be more interest.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Enraged said:
as was said, we have no idea of the quality, and going by the manufacturers word is not always the best move. find us some evidence/reviews/proof of the quality, and im sure there will be more interest.

i'd prolly be in knowing all of what was mentioned above

Will

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Here's some pics of the quality of their work. Big and small. Check it out, let me know what you guys think. I was also told all holes, weather stripping and everything fit perfect on the A80's tops. Also, shipping internationally is no problem but of course a little more costly, I'll try to find out some prices for that.
GSXR FAIRING
p827356_1.jpg

HEADLGHT COVERS
p827356_2.jpg

p827356_3.jpg

ENTIRE CBR
p827356_4.jpg

LET ME KNOW WHAT OTHER QUESTIONS YOU WANT ANSWERED!!!

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Those headlight buckets are nice. A CF factory 3 piece would be a good touch with the CF hatch. As for the targa being structural, it's only structural if it's in and you have a crash. I don't think I missed it, but have we ever been given a ballpark figure on this?
I'm in.

1. xxxotiknightz

Titus

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
xxxotiknightz said:
Those headlight buckets are nice. A CF factory 3 piece would be a good touch with the CF hatch. As for the targa being structural, it's only structural if it's in and you have a crash. I don't think I missed it, but have we ever been given a ballpark figure on this?
I'm in.

1. xxxotiknightz

Titus
I was actually given a set price (in one of my previous posts). They will be set at $599 and as previously stated, a 25% deposit from all buyers along with a perfect top will be required to have this top made.

JamesB

Nov 15, 2007
mass
CDNSUPRA said:
I'm guessing he works weekdays only, so hopefully some news for tomorrow!:icon_bigg

Still no word yet guys. i'll be sending another email out tonight, so let me know your concerns or questions so that i can address them. I would also like to start a list of guys interested in the product to show that there is reason to make them. This list is NOT to buy the tops, it is just to gauge interest.

1. Cdnsupra

sold ill take one.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
CDNSUPRA said:
Well, I don't know what to do now. I was really hoping to get the top by Christmas but seeing as you guys are swaying more towards little knik knacks here and there... I dunno. :(
Keep gunning for the top! I personally have no interest even the slightest in buying goofy carbon styling crap that I will likely paint over even if I did have it.

So, could they make one with the sides attached (minus the actual weather seal) or no? There would be significant weight savings and it possibly allow them to stiffen it up some more with them on.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
mkIIIman089 said:
Keep gunning for the top! I personally have no interest even the slightest in buying goofy carbon styling crap that I will likely paint over even if I did have it.

So, could they make one with the sides attached (minus the actual weather seal) or no? There would be significant weight savings and it possibly allow them to stiffen it up some more with them on.
I'm not exactly sure what sides you're talking about? Do you have a picture of what you mean?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Well, there is the metal bit: 63201A
And the side bits: 63217F, 63218F
And the seal: 62383C, 62384C

I want the side bits mounted to the metal bit when the mold is made, and then of course the seal will go straight on to the carbon instead of the side bit.

Hope that clarifies it.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
mkIIIman089 said:
Well, there is the metal bit: 63201A
And the side bits: 63217F, 63218F
And the seal: 62383C, 62384C

I want the side bits mounted to the metal bit when the mold is made, and then of course the seal will go straight on to the carbon instead of the side bit.

Hope that clarifies it.
Ok, I see what you're saying. Those numbers hurt my head for a bit while looking for the pieces lol but I got it figured out. I will see what he says. That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
CDNSUPRA said:
Ok, I see what you're saying. Those numbers hurt my head for a bit while looking for the pieces lol but I got it figured out. I will see what he says. That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me...
Yea, after you posted those other pictures of things he's done it doesn't seem out of his capability. I would be ecstatic if it could be done like that, and this thing actually gets made.