Who's interested in a CF Targa for their MK3?

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
signing on...this looks hot...I wonder what the quality is like and if the mk4 owners that bought these had any issues?

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Tun_x said:
any news ?
I'm guessing he works weekdays only, so hopefully some news for tomorrow!:icon_bigg

Still no word yet guys. i'll be sending another email out tonight, so let me know your concerns or questions so that i can address them. I would also like to start a list of guys interested in the product to show that there is reason to make them. This list is NOT to buy the tops, it is just to gauge interest.

1. Cdnsupra

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
1. Cdnsupra
2. Moneypit101
3. Tun x
(and again, this is just a list gauging interest in the TOPS!)

Last edited:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
1. Cdnsupra
2. Moneypit101
3. Tun x
4. mkIIIman089

That's all I was trying to point out. ;)

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Sending another email right this instant. Question I am bringing up to him:
1. Price?

2. Construction/ How they are made?

3. Weight savings?

4. As strong as stock targa? Seeing as it is a structural part of the car.

5. Have the MKIV owners had any troubles with them?

Any other will need to be in the following emails (let me know what you want asked!!!). Hopefully he will have a quick reply for me. :)

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
im assuming since a mold is needed that these targas will be replacements not overlays. otherwise he would just want dimensions. if this is the case, then i am definitely in... as long as it is within that ballpark price.
we also need to have a ballpark idea on the shipping price. or would you be receiving the bulk of them and shipping them out yourself? and would you accept local pickups?
-pete

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
One thing I am interested in, can the side moldings be integrated into the carbon? They account for a significant portion of the weight in the roof. Then of course the seals would attach directly to the carbon.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
UPDATE:
Hello i have been trying to get a price together for the group buy. Here is what i came up with if you can get 15 people that are interested in the tops and are willing to put down a 25% deposit i can do them for $599. Retail they will selling for $799. As far as the construction of the top it will be made of carbon fiber and the skeleton will be made of either Fiberglass or Carbon Kevlar just depends on what people want to pay. The Kevlar is more expensive but very very strong. The Mk4 tops are made of Carbon fiber and fiberglass skeleton. These tops are very strong and also very light i know the stock top on the MK4 is fiberglass and the carbon was just as light if not a little lighter the stock. I have sold about 20 of the MK4 top and have had no complaints on them at all. They are made very nice. I did check out the Message board and seen that you have a couple people that are interested, So if you can get me a top that is perfect condition I can start the process of production on them. Also is there any other parts on the car that MK3 owners would be interest in having made. I know there is not a lot of people that make stuff for this car.

That is from the guy who will be making the tops for us. Hopefully this answers what you guys wanted to know. As for the other questions, they will be sent out within the next day or two!