Who all has a beater for the mileage?

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OneJoeZee said:
Skyline is longitudinal and AWD. So are Lamborghinis(well the AWD ones anyway).

Transverse is sideways.

RIGHT i forgot about skylines. I has mitsubishis and subarus in mind.

what's wrong with the new Evo? how do they fail? did i miss something? I think they look nice. maybe something mechanical?

what i was thinking though...is making an AWD celica with a jz or 7mgte engine in it.... is That doable? i'm not familliar enough with how transverse (thank you) transmissions are arranged so I dont know if an inline 6 would fit like that. from the cars i think of they are all I-4's or V6's

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Figit090 said:
what i was thinking though...is making an AWD celica with a jz or 7mgte engine in it.... is That doable? i'm not familliar enough with how transverse (thank you) transmissions are arranged so I dont know if an inline 6 would fit like that. from the cars i think of they are all I-4's or V6's

I don't think any fabrication of an AWD that involved one of the Supra I6s would have it transversely mounted. Wouldn't fit either. They're long engines.

I think it would be an exercise in futility... To try to create an AWD 6cyl Celica or Supra.

There's already a Celica All-trac. 3S-GTE is enough for a Celica with AWD. :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OneJoeZee said:
I don't think any fabrication of an AWD that involved one of the Supra I6s would have it transversely mounted. Wouldn't fit either. They're long engines.

I think it would be an exercise in futility... To try to create an AWD 6cyl Celica or Supra.

There's already a Celica All-trac. 3S-GTE is enough for a Celica with AWD. :)

yeah. you're right. they can achieve some pretty high numbers as well. I was just thinking of how it might be eaiser to get the same horsepower out of a 2jz. but then you have weight and the cost of custom fabrication..along with the impossible dimensions.

LOL.:nono: :biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Geo Metro FTW

My mom drives one, and I took it down to austin (about 350 miles) on a half tank of gas...

tank is ONLY 8 gallons!!!

Can it be fun? Sure as hell, get some nice wheels and tires on it, build the engine (teamswift forums for this kinda info) and I bet you'll piss of quite a few people out there...

my beater? my supra is my DD, and when it's down I borrow other vehicles...

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
IJ. said:
There's an AWD Chaser with a 1uz ;)

hmmm is right... thats interesting.

wiki tells me that it only was made with an automatic though...thats dissapointing.

oh well. toyotas seem to be made for rwd fun anyhow :) with all the driftoo and such :D :biglaugh:

it would be interesting to have an awd supra though. i suppose a celica would be better at it though because its lighter anyway... and i dunno if making the supra heavier is a good idea... but still! 900hp 2jz supra with awd... hehe. *slightly* less traction problems on sports tires i would guess.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
honestabe said:
Those have high center of gravities and are very prone to flipping over. All I can say is don't turn the wheels too fast or try to corner hard.

Adam

The samurais arent that bad...i drove one all around, up and down the beach, through some woods etc. The tires will squeal before it flips just like any jeep/truck. Im sure if you go down the road at 60 and do a switchback turn you could flip it..but its not the trucks fault. There awesome offroad too except for the lack of torque. They have 2wd lo and hi just cause they have literally NO torque. They get about 25 mpg depending on tires tho. Not bad for a straight axle truck. Even thou its 1.3 liters haha.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
samurais are indeed capable and will flip when drivers push them past the limits (use common sense, its not hard to tell that it'll be easy to flip over)

but real men have to double clutch their dd's and don't worry about the 3mpg.

p826982_1.jpg

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I do have rod knock - when its not rod knocky though - i drive it - having more than 1 car is unnecessary and generally defeats any savings you gain through added mileage. Just means more insurance, more road tax, more maintainance, tyres etc.