What's worse than a 1 ton great white shark?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
First off, the movie Orca sucked. It was horrible in story and special effects. A killer whale is not to be messed with, but if those people ride it at Sea World for the price of a few tuna, then it is nothing to the Great White Shark.

Sharks are fascinating, but to be watched from a distance.

Did I share my shark encounter story from the Marshall Islands? We were swimming near a place called Bieje Island. Shallow water, about 30 feet, only 50 yards from shore. My buddy called over and said it was coming my way. I looked down, and it was already there. It did one circle and left. Now, I have never seen any other fish swim towards you, ever. I was told after he did the circle because he was sizing me up for a sandwich, and decided to pass. He wasn't even that big, only 5 or 6 feet long, a white tip. But it absolutely scared the shit out of me. I realized as soon as it left in that 3 second encounter, there was not a damn thing you can do in the water.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You grab it by it's big shark throat.... around the gills... and you PUNCH IT IN THE FACE.

Also, you say "Fuck you, shark" but since you're underwater it comes out 'blublubublublbubbubublbu!'

:D

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Nick M said:
First off, the movie Orca sucked. It was horrible in story and special effects. A killer whale is not to be messed with, but if those people ride it at Sea World for the price of a few tuna, then it is nothing to the Great White Shark.

Sharks are fascinating, but to be watched from a distance.

Did I share my shark encounter story from the Marshall Islands? We were swimming near a place called Bieje Island. Shallow water, about 30 feet, only 50 yards from shore. My buddy called over and said it was coming my way. I looked down, and it was already there. It did one circle and left. Now, I have never seen any other fish swim towards you, ever. I was told after he did the circle because he was sizing me up for a sandwich, and decided to pass. He wasn't even that big, only 5 or 6 feet long, a white tip. But it absolutely scared the shit out of me. I realized as soon as it left in that 3 second encounter, there was not a damn thing you can do in the water.

I bet you have a greater appreciation for the ocean after that experience. Exactly why I won't go swimming in the ocean. I probably wouldn't be caught dead near a swimming pool after that. Sounds traumatic.

No defense in the shark's home. If he wants you, you're done. After watching shark week programs, the experts say that most attacks are just bites. Once they figure out you're not a seal or whatever it is they think you were, they go away. Sometimes they'll persist and kill but not always the case. But if they want you, it's a done deal.

You're so right about the orca. No one would be dumb enough to attempt to ride a great white at sea world. I don't even think they keep any of them in captivity.

Doward: According to the shows I watched, that's your best bet. Punching it really isn't gonna do shit against their sand paper chain mail like skin. One guy said it was like punching a wall. But ripping at it's gills and eyes might get you some response. Assuming he hasn't eaten your arms.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Its not the effect of the punch to the skin, I remember watching a program on shark week reruns, that punching the nose is an effective deterrent.

Seeing that the nose is the housing for most sensory organs in the sharks body, its bound to fuck something up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"Come back Shark I'll bite ya fins off".... "It's only a flesh wound"

bknight3.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Big Wang Bandit said:
Its not the effect of the punch to the skin, I remember watching a program on shark week reruns, that punching the nose is an effective deterrent.

Seeing that the nose is the housing for most sensory organs in the sharks body, its bound to fuck something up.

Considering sharks ram boats and other objects with their nose, I'd take my chances gouging eyes and gills. The force of your punch minus resistance of the water is probably not as effective as ripping at the shark's eyes or gills.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Remember after Jaws, the hippies said Sharks never jump out of the water. Well, they probably don't jump in boats and eat people.

Jaws.jpg

Does this dickhead qualify for a darwin award?

FPI512310330AR_b.jpg

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Nick M said:
Remember after Jaws, the hippies said Sharks never jump out of the water. Well, they probably don't jump in boats and eat people.

Jaws.jpg

Does this dickhead qualify for a darwim award?

FPI512310330AR_b.jpg

I read the article linked from the google image search for that pic.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Dec/31/ln/FP512310330.html

Looks like he runs a program full of award winners. Apparently he's the only one dumb enough to do it without a cage though. Seems he was actually in a cage and got out to go swim with the damn thing. Not sure what to say about that one.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The attack was sissy shit in comparison. Had that been a great white or some other large shark, she would have been dead or missing some limbs.