Whats the highest speed you have ever gone in the MKIII?(nws)

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Ive done 124 MPH on my old 87 Turbo with a A/T trans and that was with my JDM motor but right when I got off if the highway then it started to spill coolant out of the tank due to a BHG:(.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
topped out my speedo at around 150mph in 5th gear, not sure how accurate it is tho. could have went faster but a turn was coming up.

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
I haven't gone past 118mph in my 1jz car, but I went 145mph (indicated) in my old 7m car (bone stock).

As a side note, Gotturbos? and I took my moms Honda Odyssey to 125mph. That was a pretty interesting ride.

-Chris

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
With my last 89 supra (major mods. TD-06 20sh turbo, ROSS pistons, Hks MHG, 3" from turbo back, 550's, FPR,) I hit, well i don't know but the speedo was about 1/4 the way into the E-brake light. SO past 160, prob. around 170 or higher. I was around 6 grand in 5th. After i added Bomex front bumper and huge CF spoiler, too keep the supra on the ground i could only hit 155 or so on the same road( i mean track, cough, cough) Added down force i guess.

Side note: i have seen 163 on my dig. read out on my 02 Gixxer 600.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
My Supra I'm sure I've pushed...physically 0.2mph, the fastest I've done was 135mph in my Talon then it blew up, and the fastest I've been was 150 in my brothers bpu 1j.

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
My mostly stock NA has shown me an indicated 125ish, but it had taller than stock tires so it was probably around 135-140 actual speed. I've checked my speedo accuracy at the speedo shop I work, so I think I'm not lyin.

Plan to build my car for top speed runs since these things are too heavy to be really competitive for road race stuff. Like Texas Mile and Silver State Classic type stuff.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Mk3. Still on my stock motor, bolt on T4 & 550/lexus mods... redline in 5th gear... Tires then were 275/40 17's on the rear.. Something like 173mph on stock 88T gears in the 5 speed.

I was impressed with how planted and composed the MK3 is high speed.

A8. Pulled a 140mph cruise control for about 10 min straight going to Vegas a few years back... (Was keeping up with, and actually gaining on two guys in MK4's ahead of me that were playing around..) Only thing better than a MK3 at speed, is this large sedan A8... It's scary how going 140mph indicated does not feel like much more than 83mph that I drive around here on the interstate all the time...

I was buying tires for it, and the guy helping me said "You just need H rated tires, why are you buying those expensive W rated ones..?" I explained that the car can, and has gone faster than the 130mph rated tires he was reccomending, and that I did not want my tires to be one of the worries on my mind while tooling along at over 200 feet per second...

Ok, lately, the bike has been my choice of speed... just a few weeks ago, passing a few cars and a semi truck load of sand, started at 35mph and second gear, cranked it, and then as I was shifting into 4th as I passed the truck cleanly just a few seconds later, looked down, and I was going 136mph indciated.. :) Opps, suppose the speed limit there was 45mph..

Crazy part is I really was not trying that hard... They don't call them donor bikes for no reason.. ride them with respect, or they will kill you. (I'm warning myself as much as anyone here... )

Topped out this bike at just over 150 indicated, and my helmet was bouncing around so much I could not get my eyes to focus anymore, so it was time to stop having so much fun, and slow down to a much more sedate 100mph.. The bike is just so scary fast between 0 and 140ish it's not even like reality. And it brakes well enough to handle it. (Something the Supra will not do without some serious brake upgrades.. and I've got those.)

Fastest? I fly almost every week, so it's regular that I'm at 40,000+ feet in altitude, and tooling along at whatever the cruising speed of the commercial aircraft is I'm in that day. (I think 530mph is about right..)

No wonder I can't seem to drive the posted speed limit@!

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
Went 129 with my stock 86 automatic and 155 in my 91 turbo with BPU. I was racing uphill with a Nissan sentra type s with 3 fat people people in my car. I was one of them. The fat people, that is.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ForcedTorque said:
Wow George! Tell us what that ticket cost.

Oh, I went 201 (GPS verified) in my stock BHG 7M

$168 my county has standard price. I had to really do some talking to not get taken to jail...good thing I'm a good bs'r.

Fastest I've gone is 157 in the G35.

Adjuster - went at it w/300z on the way from OC to Vegas for at least an hour at 140 that was so cool.

As far as handling goes went around one turn warning sign @ 50mph and started turn at 95 was doing 110 at exit that was a blast.

thebuddrik

Jun 2, 2007
Lafayette ,La.
in my old car, 89 turbo 5speed, while it was still bone stock, 155 and i let off because i didnt trust my tires.

the thing that i liked was 120 in 4th gear! that would really freak out passengers