what do your parents do with you and your car?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My mom loves driving my Supra. I lent it to her for a few weeks, when I took her truck into the mountains. I come back, and she's all "Do you know how fast I took this corner?!"

My step mother always asks "500hp, is that legal?"

I haven't let my dad drive it. I'm afraid he'll want to get one too if I do :)

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
My mum loves the supra, so much so that she's been looking to get one as her next car, but I'm probably going to end up giving her my car as a present and start building up a motor-less shell I hopefully should be getting.

My father on the other hand isn't too impressed. He thinks I should get something smaller to learn to drive in, like his old MK1 Golf GTi, but I can still out run his Saab, so it's all good. :naughty:

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
My dad likes my car, my stepmom won't go near it(one ride was enough ;) ), my mom has yet to see it, and no one, absolutely no one, but me drives or works on it.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
my dad helps me with my car and has taught me everything i know.. also he is helping me rebuild an engine, pull the old one and put this one in when the time comes. my mom on the other hand i wont let her near the engine or in the driver seat though she did help sand a little bit of it.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
My parents hate my car lol. My moms first reaction was "Why did you sell your accord and get that ugly thing?" I almost couldn't stop laughing. Honda Accord vs. Toyota Supra......no contest. Only area the honda did better in was gas mileage. They just think I'll kill myself speeding, but the truth is I still go the same speed I just get there far quicker:biglaugh:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ms07s said:
My parents hate my car lol. My moms first reaction was "Why did you sell your accord and get that ugly thing?" I almost couldn't stop laughing. Honda Accord vs. Toyota Supra......no contest. Only area the honda did better in was gas mileage. They just think I'll kill myself speeding, but the truth is I still go the same speed I just get there far quicker:biglaugh:
I work with a guy who used to have this Prelude with a bunch of money in it. He sold it, and bought this POS 87 Turbo (rust holes, peeling paint, etc), and he absolutely loves the car.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
annoyingrob said:
I work with a guy who used to have this Prelude with a bunch of money in it. He sold it, and bought this POS 87 Turbo (rust holes, peeling paint, etc), and he absolutely loves the car.
LOL! Sounds about right. :biglaugh:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
to add to this, my family doesn't swap cars. EVER. nobody ever drives my vehicles, except for me. (i have my supra, and a '94 toyota 4x4).

if my stuff breaks down, i don't even ask them if i can borrow a vehicle. i fix my stuff and get on with it. :)