what do your parents do with you and your car?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
my dad helped me rip the motor out of my 87, put it in to my 89. Made sure he re-read all the research I had done on the 5spd swap. Double checked everything I did when I had the motor apart. I had it running with no hood on and no insurance but I insisted on driving it around the house a few times a day. One day I let him drive it around the house....and he proceeded to pull out onto the road and boost all the way through 1st 2nd and 3rd. He now loves forced induction haha. I just put an exhaust on after 2 years of having it on the road and his first words "It's about damn time" Then I was like "I hope it's not too loud" to which he responds "stop being a pussy...it needs to be louder". He lectures me about not going BIG enough. Everything I want to do he pushes me to go farther. ( Dad used to have dedicated drag cars )

Love him to death. Wish I still lived with him so I could walk inside when I get stumped and wake him up while he's sleeping on the couch and drag him out to the garage. haha

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I've had a bunch of dead stock twins laying around my garage and other assorted parts for some time now and my parents haven't said anything yet.

Maybe I'm pushing my luck? :dunno:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
My dad has found his youth again driving my car... He has been driving a 92 maxima since 91 and it has 342,710 miles on it. He tells me stories after working on it with me about his corona back in the day and all his 80's domestic POS's

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Apr 4, 2005
North Vancouver, B.C.
My dad just keeps telling me that I'm an idiot for putting money into a car that I won't get back, no problem when I tell him he can't drive it when I am all finished with it:evil2:

My mom doesn't seem to mind all in all encourages me to do what I want

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
My dad helps me with mine constantly, usually when I just need a spare set of hands.

My mom helped with the interior; re-apholstering.

I get told all the time to clean up all the parts, mainly the stacks of older wheels/tires.

My dad thinks it will blow up after 300hp because it is japanese. I can't wait to take him on the open highway once she is tuned.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
My dad constantly asks me when I'm going to have that engine built. I tell him, "one of these days, I'm focusing on the other cars at the moment, you know, the ones I drive back and forth to work?"

He's a big muscle car guy, but it going soft. I helped him build an '86 mustang GT with GT40 roller heads, ported, intake, exhaust, fully rebuilt bottom end... We broke 3 140 MPH speedos in that car... Ah, the good 'ole days...

He now has an Eldorado, F-150, and some sort of 1990 Cadillac something or other with, IIRC, a 4.5L FWD V-8 in it... He says it and some type of Ferrari from that generation were pretty much the same type of car... I dunno.

Oh, almost forgot, the main reason he likes my supra is becuase he used to own a MKII ;)

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
My dad is a big muscle car guy, but he went through some crisis in life and bought the Supra in 92'. Got it when I was 15 and he has supported me ever since. He never thought I could get my car is be faster than his muscle car, but when he went for a ride it was funny. Floored it from the dig and said this shit is slow as fuck. At the end of his sentence, but turbo kicked in at full boost and he said, "WOAHAHHAHAHA!" and got scared and let off. Park the car moments later and said, your fucking crazy. Slow down and drive safe. hehehe. (He is very straight and to the point)

My mom loves the targa top and the car for being a Supra. She use to own a MKIV NA, but she says she regrets everyday that she sold it. but is glad that there is a supra in the family. My mom drove my supra around daily while I was at school for a while, with at 400rwhp. She told me how she beat some Mustang that was reving at here and it bothered her. That the guy in the Mustang asked her what she had done to it at the next light, and she said, idk it's just turbo. haha.

My parents have put up with a lot of my car shit. even a swap at age 16 when i didnt know what an injector was from a tps sensor. but i still get the occasional, pick up that damn garage!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
initial reaction was....

Dad " you brought another pile of junk in my driveway ? why don't you buy something you can drive!?"

My parents hate the supra, mostly cause it keeps me up at nights and its faster than any other car they've driven :D PLUS... i just kinda took over the garage so they hate it for that too ! =D

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
My dad's a toyota tech so he helps me work on my supra! My mom doesn't like it but both my parents would rather me drive it than an MR2.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Parents got divorced when I was 16. (Im 35 now)

My dad -

-Owns a Red Stock MK3 Targa
-Found me my first 89 Targa Black (traded a van for it, the it BHG!)
-Wants to see what was done to my 90 so he can do that to his!
-Goes to the car shows and Supra Meets with me when he can

Took mom for a ride after the 90 was finished..

My Mom

-Its too fast Slow down!
-Does your father know you have this car?
-What's that noise is something wrong? (BOV hehe)
-Just be carefull and put your seatbelt on!
-How do I open the door???

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
Well my parents take the key to my Brand new Supra

They let my brother drive it to his boyfriends and beat the shit out of it

And I seriously think I know how to take better care of the car than they do. I looked at it after coming home from school one day to find minor rock chips where my mom drove it though a construction site, when she could have easily avoided it.

My brother has already burnt a minor hole in the speaker cover from a cigarette, and they slam the shifter into park while rolling 5mph to get it to stop.. It gets on my nerves that my parents grounded me for a week for pushing it back in the driveway because it was raining (Had no key, and it only rolled about 6ft...)

They act like I didn't even pay for the car, but because I'm not 16 and the car isn't in my name, it dosen't matter if I payed for it.. Isn't that bullshit? Saving every penny I had to finally buy the car, and I'm watching my family beat the shit out of it... It's now offically a sadpra :(