what do your parents do with you and your car?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
My dad is 68, so he just complains my car is hard to get in and out of, but he at least appreciates it and understands how fast it is. I doubt my mom knows what a Supra is.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Mom would have loved my Supra. She liked fast cars with 5 speeds. In her youth, she drag raced at the airport. I'd love to post up a pic of her in her old coupe, but I don't know where it is...

Dad: "A Toyota what? Supra? Never heard of it." :yelrotflm

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
LOL this has turned into an awesome thread hehe

so theres the parents which aren't allowed to lay one finger on your car... thankfully that's not too many
then theres the parents that buy parts for your car
and the parents that fully help with engine removals etc

sounds like theres some cool parents too... for me... "Mum, where the hell are my cookies?" :(

hehe :)

mattcosta7

Jun 20, 2007
Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mom
"why are there so many parts i the garage that you don't need?"

"what's this one do?" -- "you upgraded it so why is the old one still here"

"how many tires/wheels do you need? only 4 go on the car, why do we have 10 in the garage"

"what are you doing with that big metal pipe (stock cat-back)"

"when will it get cleaned up [the garage]?"

"Can I drive it?"

"why can't I drive it?"

"i'm a good driver"

"are you sure I can't drive it?"

Dad
"why'd you buy this?"

"you don't need a car this fast!"

"that's a big engine"

"are you gonna break it doing the work yourself?"

"why don't you pay someone to fix things?"

"when are you moving out?"

"the garage is a mess"

"do you need 10 wheels that dont have a car attached?"

"why do you need a box of junk parts?"

"can I drive it?"

"how fast have you gone?"

The funny thing, my dad hasn't lived with us in 3 years, yet everytime he visits, it's the same thing

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
my parents both know, and understand what a supra is. (only because of me)

my dad doesn't think it'll ever be done, nor does he help me work on it. (i actually prefer to work solo, weird, huh?)

though, he did press the winch button for me when i pulled the motor, so i guess that's help... right?

my mom calls it the "death trap" and loves when "you do work on it like this" because it's not on the road, and i can't kill myself in it. haha

dad- "you take up too much garage space!"
me- "but bob (my bro) had space in there for 7 YEARS, i've only had 1 year!"

haha

my mom refuses to go for a ride in it, and when my dad went, i broke traction on first through half of third while going down hill. he reached for the oh shit handle, but i grabbed a gear and put him back in the seat. he says: "well, son, it's definatly quick! don't kill yourself, your mother will never forgive you."

and, lastly, they have never paid for a single cent of the money that's gone into it, which is probably why it crawls along at a snail's pace when i work on it. i bought it, i maintain it, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

-shaeff

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
My mom thinks it's a huge waste of time and money, as does my dad...

But they both think it's interesting...my mom RARELY rides in it (I get smacked if it even enters boost at all), my dad, however, doesn't have a problem with it, as he likes fast cars...keeps saying I need a newer sports car, not one that's 20 years old and needs work all the time.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hmm you guys have made me think harder. My dad used to help me out every now and then. He actually made a bracket to reverse the direction of my throttle cable. He's a ton smarter when it comes to certain mechanics like that.

SupraSabre

Older Then Most
Jan 17, 2007
Murrieta, CA
www.hamptonrpi.com
Ah, excuse me, my "parents"? I am the parent! :naughty:

The question here is what do my kids tell me about the Supra!?!

Now understand, i have five sons from 32 down to 18. Oh, and BTW, I'm the runt of the family. they all are taller then me by 3 inches, and it's not because I'm short! (6') :evil2:

My oldest: why don't you get rid of that piece of junk!
My Second son: Can I buy it from you?
My third son: What's a Supra?
My Fourth Son (he use to own it): Now that you did all the work on it, can I buy it back? Oh wait a minute it's not running again, never mind. Oh you got it fixed again? can I buy it now? what do you mena it's not working again? never-mind. But let me know when you get it fixed so I can buy it back...
My youngest son: I forgot to check the oil in my engine and blew it up, can I use your Supra as soon as you fix it?

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
My Dad passed before i got the supra:3d_frown: But my mom and step dad saw it about 2 months ago and i just fired it up in the garage and my mom said she dont want to know when i am out driving it. My step dad said man its loud and sounds strong and he's 80.:biglaugh:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
shaeff said:
my parents both know, and understand what a supra is. (only because of me)

my dad doesn't think it'll ever be done, nor does he help me work on it. (i actually prefer to work solo, weird, huh?)

though, he did press the winch button for me when i pulled the motor, so i guess that's help... right?

my mom calls it the "death trap" and loves when "you do work on it like this" because it's not on the road, and i can't kill myself in it. haha

dad- "you take up too much garage space!"
me- "but bob (my bro) had space in there for 7 YEARS, i've only had 1 year!"

haha

my mom refuses to go for a ride in it, and when my dad went, i broke traction on first through half of third while going down hill. he reached for the oh shit handle, but i grabbed a gear and put him back in the seat. he says: "well, son, it's definatly quick! don't kill yourself, your mother will never forgive you."

and, lastly, they have never paid for a single cent of the money that's gone into it, which is probably why it crawls along at a snail's pace when i work on it. i bought it, i maintain it, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

-shaeff

This is pretty much the same story for me.
My dad held the engine jack when i was pulling it out.
And it scares my mom when I talk about driving it, but she likes the look of it.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
My parents are usually impressed with my car and the work I've put into it.

My dad really likes my TT kit. I don't think he realizes the power capabilities of it yet though. :) When I get a 400-450hp dyno sheet, I'll probably show him. Anything over that, I think I'll just keep it to myself. He might start lecturing me again if he knew I was out there with considerably more hp than most of the other cars on the road. :) I used to get the lectures when I started modding my 7M and again when I did the 1J swap. I haven't given him any reason to doubt me but at 450-500hp, he may start to worry. Which is understandable. That's a lot of power.

Mom is just like "oh cool."

Neither of them think it's a waste of time or money.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
my dad jokes about it being a piece of junk, but he knows i love it to death and only teases me about it.
My mom saw me on the road once with the top off and a hot girl in the passenger seat and told me she knew why i liked it so much.
But both are very supportive of it. They like the fact that i'm always learning new things about cars in general, and now i help them with their cars.
But the one thing i will always remember them saying, is that it's better that it's a car, and not idiotic things like guns, knives etc...