washed engine- car sounds like a lawn mower.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
SON OF A BITCH!!! I JUST BOUGHT THE EFFIN CAR LESS THAN A WEEK AGO!!! JKBQOIERGVFBIJBVASJDIVBSIBVAV!!!!!!!!!!..........i think im just gunna sell it for like...1500 bucks...hopefully make the knock quite down a bit after i put some mega thick oil in it...sell it for 1500 buy a new supra....eugh...i want a 1jzgte engine...but they are kinda pricey..God, i hate being broke all the time....

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
no, but i dont know what the heck it is...it has some kind of a knock...it isnt pinging or whatever...so, the timing i dont think is off....hey...random hypothetical question...what would happen if two of the spark plugs were crossed...like, how i guess the firing order of the pistons from left to right would be 153642..i think..? what would happen if i had 5 and 6 mixed like 5 was in 6's spot? what would happen then?

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
all 6 of your spark plugs are the same.. switch 2 of them, and hey guess what? still the same.

Switching wires is a different story :) that can cause backfiring, and shitty runnings.

Also, this knock you hear.. where does it sound like its at on your engine? And does it always do it? Or just at certain RPMs?

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
actually, now that you metion it, i think it is only after you rev the engine a bit....so i would say certain rpm's...and ya, the wires are switched, thats what i meant. obviously the plugs dont matter, but the wires that are connected to them..i think 5 is in 6's spot and vise versa....

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
just to let you know, the lame mistake of possibly having the wires mixed isnt my fault lol. i have found out the hard way that people who say"hey, im good with cars and i can fix it" like to drink alot, and when they get mad they call the whole car crap and literally rip wires out, and take off the bracket holding the power steering, and dont put it back on....damnitt....im in a bad mood...when i bought this car, it was in perfect running condition...in less than a week..it has seemed to go to complete shit....how depressing....

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
jetjock said:
Meh, if you've seen one you've seen them all. Ok, here's mine and here's a friends polished one. Talk about a lot of work...

There is a place next to XS engineering that haves about 20 delorians sitting there.

If you polish those to shinney is that a ticket ? My dad knew a friend that worked for road maintnence and he painted his car with the hi reflective paint used on road signs, the city forced him to change his car color and bought him a new paint job!

Bent frame + Rod knock might be bad i would goto plan B ditch the car buy a better one! or part it out if it is a 89+ and haves the grey or shadow grey interior you will make more money for it, if pre 89 just sell it for what you could get for it.