washed engine- car sounds like a lawn mower.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
First lets all remember we where noobs at one time
Second Civic eater Don't do any more "repairs" untill you have read some posts Use the search buttom at the top before just running around asking questions
Third DONT get shitty when people are trying to help remember this isnt a toyota help line and we are not getting paid so a little respect and a thank you will go a long way towards getting your car fix and boosting on its way

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
yeah, it was hot, but i dont think hot enough to cuase crack.s plus, the water that came out of the hopse was a little warm itself cuz the hose sat in the sun all day...so, i dont think it cracked. plus, the mk3 engines are solid cast iron....that would need to be ALOT of heat, with very very sudden cold water to MAYBE make a crack...at least in my humble opinion. but thanks for the suggestion dude

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
You should listen to people...

Go pull your #1 plug wire off of the spark plug. Look inside. Do you see water? If so, soak it up with a rag or paper towel. Get it as dry as possible in their. Go through a roll of paper towels, who cares. It has to be dry. Make sure every wire, and every plug, and every electrical connection is dry.

Your first mistake was to wash the engine w/ a hose. I did it too when I first got the car, I pressure washed it and had the same problem.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Any more news? Taking spark plugs out might allow some water into the cylinders and cause you to "hydraulic" and ruin your rings. But that just might depend on how much water was allowed in.just dry everything off.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
hate to be a dick... but seeing two topics back to back with the titles both in CAPS kinda pisses me off. idk maybe I'm just tired or something... w/e best of luck theciviceater89, I remember when my friend got his mk3 and coolant shot all over the engine bay it ran like shit for like 10 miles.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
wtf is hydrolock?? and ya, thanks. i planned on using a shop vac for the majority of the water, then compressed air from there.i just am really depressed from all my stupidity...but hey...live and learn...right?

at least i hope so lol.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
hey guys...also, how much does it cost to straighten a frame? mine is bent, but it isnt horribly bent...just enough to be noticeable if you look from behind, really really closely..but ya...any idea on how much?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)

OMG:3d_frown:

Well I wanna say WELCOME TO SUPRAS :biglaugh:

You're gonna either give up very soon or fix all the major problems yourself and fall in love with the car and this community. You're on the right track if you stick to it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Never put water under your hood again unless you filling up the overflow bottle.

Fix your coolant issues once you've got everything dry, this is what caused this to happen in the first place. New radiator cap, replace all old coolant hoses. You're lucky you caught the coolant leak in time... BTW keep any and all types of cleaners away from the AFM (the box that your air filter is bolted to).

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
Did you just seriously say that your frame is bent? You do realize that means the car was in a MAJOR wreck right? These arnt unibodies (i dont think). So it'd take quite a wreck to bend you frame.

89soup

Aug 19, 2006
North Carolina
Yes they are unibodies. Ever seen anyone do a "frame off" restoration on a Mk3? Nope!
Ever ride in a targa with the top off? Twisty!

If your frame is bent, you could be looking at serious issues. Your car might need put on a frame rack and pulled, which is not cheap. If you can "see" that your frame is bent, it's bad.

The car will pull one way or another, tires will never wear right, not to mention you should have asked if the car was ever totalled before.

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
I was pretty sure they werent unibody, guess I was wrong lol.

Either way, bent frame = bad bad bad.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
theciviceater89 said:
well, im a fast learner, so hopefully i will get it right before i kill the car lol.

judging by how many times you asked the same question, i'm beginning to doubt that. take the time to actually read the posts through which people take valuable minutes of their time to respond to you.

welcome to supramania.

-shaeff