washed engine- car sounds like a lawn mower.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
If you're in Cali, there must be lots of 'mania members around, maybe someone can have a looksee. Or get it towed to Driftmotion and let guys who know these cars inside out do a tune on it and go from there. Read and learn everything you can about these cars. Be prepared to get your hands dirty every waking hour you can spare. Unfortunately Supra ownership isn't all dorifto smokeshows with the top off. Welcome to 20 yr. old car land.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
That would be DMC of Garden Grove, one of a handful of Delorean service centers still around. I've never used one because I know the car very well. Reflective paint used on signs? Lol, that's funny shit. No, as far as I know having the car polished to a mirror shine isn't a problem, at least not here.

civiceater: You need to calm down. You don't know you have knock and washing the engine shouldn't cause it. I'd also suggest you start learning about the car so you can work on it more intelligently. If you're not willing to do this the thing is going to eat you alive and you'd be better off selling it right now.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
jj is right bro. learn everything you can about these cars, or you will be one broke somebitch. ask me and everyone else on this forum how we know? we all had to learn. these cars are awesome but can be the biggest pain in the ass too. learn learn learn.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Good grief. I just got a message from someone else with a supra (don't know if he's a member on this forum) Saying:
"i just washed my engien bay
and i started it up after i let it try. now it has a code 51
it idles at like 2100 hunderd"

his "drying off" was blasting the engine with some compressed air for a minute until his dad told him he was being too loud. Now he's out driving it seeing if he fixed it.

WTF is with people?!

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
theciviceater89 said:
no, but i dont know what the heck it is...it has some kind of a knock...it isnt pinging or whatever...so, the timing i dont think is off....hey...random hypothetical question...what would happen if two of the spark plugs were crossed...like, how i guess the firing order of the pistons from left to right would be 153642..i think..? what would happen if i had 5 and 6 mixed like 5 was in 6's spot? what would happen then?
THE FIRING ORDER IS

NOT 153642

Also having the spark plugs mixed up usually produces a back fire or a violent knock or a poor idle. I know the (incorrect) 153642 firing order usually produces a poor idle until revved a little then it appears (under no load) to be fine. Once you put a load on it you will feel its down on power.

Cant believe no body spotted the firing order thing. You guys are slackin:biglaugh:

veedubin

Official SM Decals
To the OP:
If you want your engine clean go to a Recon shop.... they do it and they do it right....... prolly around $50 and they will even drss it with some nice silicone. Just make sure it don't get into the intake.......O2 sensors HATE silicon.... ask me how i know. I have power washed my motor at least once a week since i bought the car, ( to rid the power steering fluid from the bay damn pressure hose!) never had any problems best time to do it is when it's knda chilly out. and make sure it's the first time you start your car that day, then while the engine is running go to town..... or better yet pay some one to do it. Also i agree with everyone on here, buy a TSRm and study it, while in the crapper, while at lunch, before bed in the morning... everything. I have only been a supra owner for about 5 months and i've dumped well over $3000 into my car, it was in decent shape when i bought it too.... most of that $3000 was for general upkeep not just go fast goodies. From past experience, if you have a bent frame (ie car was wrecked ) sell it!!! sell it now!..... no car is ever the same after it is wrecked. i don't care who does the repairs. it may look ok but it is definatley not! good luck with your car, and by the way civics are no challenge in these cars! go for something bigger, like an evo or vette :evil2: