Vixens build thread!!!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
This just in. The machine shop called and said they accidentally dropped her crank and broke it. They said they can probably jbweld it back together, but it's goint to be a month or two before they get a chance to work on it. Sorry

I call:bsflag: Vonda would mess with their world if they dropped it.:icon_razz

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahooked;890526 said:
This just in. The machine shop called and said they accidentally dropped her crank and broke it. They said they can probably jbweld it back together, but it's goint to be a month or two before they get a chance to work on it. Sorry

I call:bsflag: Vonda would mess with their world if they dropped it.:icon_razz

I agree. We need to hear it from her.:icon_razz

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Thanks Ken. I wish it was purple, blue is my second choice.

I didn't talk to anyone about the crank...............:dunno:
My guess is that it is fine...;)

V

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
For the record... best Vixen pic.;)
vandjwithsupra009.jpg

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Jay I havent heard of stock rods holding that much. Ive heard the bottom end is good for 500 in some cases. From what I understand about shot peening rods is that it relieves stress that has been taken or will be taken on the rods. I think they are just tumbled with a material to achieve this. And considering that age and miles on these cars, that is why I voted to do mine. Some one else chime in and correct me if need be.

Wow some great pixs and vids of Vix. This is my build thread of choice!!!

Oh and Jay what in the heck are you doing to your bottom end?? Your car seems pretty stout as it is. Well on the HP number anyway.:biglaugh:

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
mk3forme;890829 said:
Jay I havent heard of stock rods holding that much. Ive heard the bottom end is good for 500 in some cases. From what I understand about shot peening rods is that it relieves stress that has been taken or will be taken on the rods. I think they are just tumbled with a material to achieve this. And considering that age and miles on these cars, that is why I voted to do mine. Some one else chime in and correct me if need be.

Wow some great pixs and vids of Vix. This is my build thread of choice!!!

Oh and Jay what in the heck are you doing to your bottom end?? Your car seems pretty stout as it is. Well on the HP number anyway.:biglaugh:

I personal know some one with stock rods beam realefed and shot peened and some je pistons making over 700 rwhp for sure. But i dont have the money to build my motor right now so im gonna run stock jdm bottom end so well see how much it can hold cuz i know im gonna lay down at least 500. But check out my build and you will see what i mean.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks for the help guys about the shot peening. I will try and find someone locally that does it before they put the block together. The guy at the machine shop told me he didnt know of anyone and they had heard good and bad things about it. They build lots of race car motors (chevy's and fords) and they dont have any of their rods shotpeen'd. I'm not saying it isn't smart, but I don't know if I can find anyone locally to do it. I don't have time to mail them off to anyone..........:dunno:

I do have a lovely wife. I must have done something right in a past life.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I am just messin with ya VIX :icon_razz Nice pic BTW! any other angles? :love:

Shot peening will work fine on the rods. My last engine had the rods shot peened and I put down 665RWHP. 620RWHP was abused at the track for a few years too. ;)

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm sure shotpeening would help, but I don't think I have that option at this time. I don't know anyone locally that does it and I don't have enough time to send them offf. If they break, then I'll get a few I told you so's, and I'll have plenty of time to get them shotpeen'd then. Right now, I'm pressed for time, and I'm putting my faith in the Toyota engineers.........crosses fingers.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
suprahero;891869 said:
I'm sure shotpeening would help, but I don't think I have that option at this time. I don't know anyone locally that does it and I don't have enough time to send them offf. If they break, then I'll get a few I told you so's, and I'll have plenty of time to get them shotpeen'd then. Right now, I'm pressed for time, and I'm putting my faith in the Toyota engineers.........crosses fingers.

You wont break the rods on that little 35R that you call a turbo :naughty:

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
It was all meant in love. You should never judge a man by his millimeter. Although my 67 is bigger than your 61.

Be glad size doesnt matter to Vixen :rofl:

So you think your going to be ready by March?

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
csnow;892890 said:
It was all meant in love. You should never judge a man by his millimeter. Although my 67 is bigger than your 61.

Be glad size doesnt matter to Vixen :rofl:

So you think your going to be ready by March?

And my 74 is even bigger than both of you.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not going to tear it apart until I have all the parts I need and I know that I can get it back together. That said, I think I can put it together in a weekend pretty easily. Hopefully I won't run into any problems.

Wessbeech...............Bragger!!!!!