Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Cedric, it's all good. I don't think they know we're brothers and that you was just watching my back. Now they know.

Noah, my cousin is pretty funny, but usually I'm laughing at him and not with him. He's as redneck as they come. Anyone with the Smokey and Bandit theme as a ringtone, and has fighting roosters has got to be a redneck. I still love him though.

TODAY! (I learned that from Ian)

No updates what so ever. I had a basketball game today and we won. We're on a two game winning streak after losing our first game by two points. Vonda's block is still at the machine shop along with the rods and pistons. Hopefully sometime next week he can have it fixed so I can get it put back together.
Parts ordered so far for her car.
Upgraded oil pump
2mm headgasket
ARP head studs
new gaskets
new rod bearings and main bearings
new rings
I think that's it. Anything you guys see that I've missed?

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Update:
We had the crank turned today, and we have ordered new rod bearings .020, and new main bearings .030. The block is being honed and he is ordering new rings. We also ordered a new gasket set, a new 2mm head gasket, a new upgraded oil pump, new hoses, new oil pump bearings, new timing belt with other belts. The head is going to be rebuilt and new valve seals installed.

V

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
MKIII VIXEN;887285 said:
Update:
We had the crank turned today, and we have ordered new rod bearings .020, and new main bearings .030. The block is being honed and he is ordering new rings. We also ordered a new gasket set, a new 2mm head gasket, a new upgraded oil pump, new hoses, new oil pump bearings, new timing belt with other belts. The head is going to be rebuilt and new valve seals installed.

V

::w00t:: You are going to be set Vonda.
Kids hold on.

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
The way it's looking I might just have mine done before ya'll! Hahaha. Yeah right! Anyways, I await the day you and Jay step up to the big leagues with the 2JZ, oh wait.......

Keylan

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89;882428 said:
Have them shot peen the rods Jay, if you're not already.

JustAnotherVictim;882496 said:

mk3forme;883746 said:
I third that. I had mine done

You guys do know I live in Alabama right? Neither of the two machine shops I'm using does that. I'm leaving hers and mine stock. Sorry.
TopNotch2JZ;887510 said:
The way it's looking I might just have mine done before ya'll! Hahaha. Yeah right! Anyways, I await the day you and Jay step up to the big leagues with the 2JZ, oh wait.......

Keylan

Why would I want a weak ass'd 2jz?............:biglaugh:

John, our girls love the supras. That's all they want to ride in when we go somewhere, but I hardly ever drive them in mine. I don't want to back down from a race, and I won't race with them in the car............:nono:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Vixen is staying true to the 7m.........for right now, but this is it's last chance. It's costing way more than I had imagined when I decided to rebuild it. I should have put this money towards a 1jz, but I want to give the 7m a fighting chance. I hope I didn't mess up by doing that. It's already bit me twice, hell, what's one more time?

Duane, you've got a lovely voice...........:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No videos as of yet. I wanted to take a picture of the crank but I didnt' have the camera and I really needed to get it to the machine shop so he could get the bearings ordered. I'm hoping he has it all built by next friday. I'll take the camera with me and if I go by his shop again, I'll get some pictures.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Im cornfuzed with all this 2J talk!!! Far as I know just lots of 7M builden 1J loven going on at the Hayes house.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
There are no new pictures, because nothing is here. I will post pictures as UPS and FEDX drop off parts, and when the motor comes back home.

V