Vixens build thread!!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero;887514 said:
You guys do know I live in Alabama right? Neither of the two machine shops I'm using does that. I'm leaving hers and mine stock. Sorry.

Honestly Jay, if you plan on 4-500 HP, and your not in a big hurry, I would send them to someone you know that can get it done for you. It may cost you a couple weeks, but it won't cost that much money. Do they balance at either of those shops you have?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ken, hopefully the stock rods can handle more than 500rwhp and I've read that they can handle 800rwhp. I don't have two weeks either since I"ve got to pull my motor, redo the wiring, install my new motor and new head, rewire, get it running, tune it, break in a new clutch, install rear skirts, blend in, paint, paint new front bumper, all before march. I've also got to get Vondas car running during all this when I dont' have anything else to do. Sleep is way overrated, and I plan on not getting any for the next month and a half.

Gone to look for Vixen pictures.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Here's a short video at the dyno. It has a cameo by Vonda.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=SANY0246.flv

Here's one of her and my oldest daughter Ashley, and what is that I see in the background?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero;890067 said:
Ken, hopefully the stock rods can handle more than 500rwhp and I've read that they can handle 800rwhp. I don't have two weeks either since I"ve got to pull my motor, redo the wiring, install my new motor and new head, rewire, get it running, tune it, break in a new clutch, install rear skirts, blend in, paint, paint new front bumper, all before march. I've also got to get Vondas car running during all this when I dont' have anything else to do. Sleep is way overrated, and I plan on not getting any for the next month and a half.

Gone to look for Vixen pictures.

Wha wha what??? Did I miss something about your car and you having to pull the motor?

Other Ken

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
gtsfirefighter;890256 said:
Uh-oh! I hope I didn't open a can of worms.:biglaugh:

No problems here, it's his car. Besides, I think he's a little worried about that 7M being rebuilt....;)

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Ryan, he didn't tell me he was getting one those high powered leaf blowers/turbo's, now I'm mad..........:icon_evil

Duane, get your mind out of the gutter.:3d_frown:

Lilmiss, I may be in trouble for saying that out loud.......:biglaugh:

Ken, and Noah, We aren't allowed to talk about torque in the Hayes house.:sarcasm:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
MKIII VIXEN;890260 said:
No problems here, it's his car. Besides, I think he's a little worried about that 7M being rebuilt....;)

This just in. The machine shop called and said they accidentally dropped her crank and broke it. They said they can probably jbweld it back together, but it's goint to be a month or two before they get a chance to work on it. Sorry.

No I don't have to pull my motor. It's running better than most 7m's that I know of, but I want to add some bottom end power for those that are calling me out on the trip to Texas..............:evil2:

Duane, Good humor is wasted on my wife. When they were giving out humor, she thought they said tumor, and she told them she didn't want any...........:biglaugh: