F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
boltz said:
1+6
2+4
3+5

but that should be very visible from the pics of mine.
i saw that from your picture and i think theres a post in this thread that sez the same thing what im reffering to is the wiring harness extending it and plugging it into the coil which wire (on the harness) corresponds to which coil and more importantly which spark plug

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
low voltage wire that goes to original coil 1+6 goes on to new coil 6
low voltage wire that goes to original coil 2+5 goes on to new coil 2
low voltage wire that goes to original coil 3+4 goes on to new coil 3

Last edited:

slow supra

Sep 5, 2005
Diamond Bar
boltz said:
wire that goes to original coil 1+6 goes on to coil 6
wire that goes to original coil 2+4 goes on to coil 2
wire that goes to original coil 3+5 goes on to coil 3

Coil on #6 -wire to #1
Coil on #2-wire to #5
Coil on #3- wire to #4

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
Well i obviously havent started it yet LOL and in the course of test fitting i forgot the fire order.

thanks for the correction.

so

new coil on 6 wire to 1 (low voltage wire from original coil 1/6)
new coil on 3 wire to 4 (low voltage wire from original coil 3/4)
new coil on 2 wire to 5 (low voltage wire from original coil 2/5)

Last edited:

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
ok so looking at the coil which wire fron the harness corresponds to wich side on the connector. and what did you all use for a connector to the coils did you just get a connector from the dealer or did you all fab one?

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
i just answered this. you OEM low voltage harness is modified longer but the connector from original 1/6 goes on to the new coil on cyl 6. Just look at it and you will know.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
:nono: Wow, the same connectors go to the same cyl's as before, they just need to be longer, don't overthink it. It really cant get any simpler.

Anybody been driving around on the setup yet? any feedback?

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
i will tell you as soon as i can find some for less than 150 :(

i cannot see how they would have any problem they use the same signals as factory and are better performing. you created a Great mod!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
boostadikt said:
i will tell you as soon as i can find some for less than 150 :(

i cannot see how they would have any problem they use the same signals as factory and are better performing. you created a Great mod!
Ya....im not worried about it working so much....I'm just bummed I pioneered it and made my car undriveable days later...lol. Hopefully I will be back on the road by the end of May!!

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
boltz said:
i just answered this. you OEM low voltage harness is modified longer but the connector from original 1/6 goes on to the new coil on cyl 6. Just look at it and you will know.
ha i understand now i think we were speaking in to different languages. thanks though even if it did take me a while to get it.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
tookwik4u89 said:
Yes I have. With a temporary hack-up harness (using an old harness that I cut and extended with crimp connectors) I just wanted to get the length needed before I extend my new harness. Recently installed a VPC with my S-AFC and boosting 19psi with my T04 60-1 with no hick ups WHATSOVER :icon_bigg for 3 weeks already. On top of that, I only secured the coils last saturday, they were just sitting on the plugs. The car is still running Pig rich, low 10s on my uego. I havent had the chance to tune since the new set-up. But even with the crimped harness, the coils are doing great. I just wish we could get slightly shorter sparkplugs wires so we dont have to snake them around the plug valley :icon_conf I'm running the NGKs wires. I cant wait for a cover solution. You can see my set-up on my sig.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
tookwik4u89 said:
:nono: Wow, the same connectors go to the same cyl's as before, they just need to be longer, don't overthink it. It really cant get any simpler.

Yeah, I didn't even have to extend the first wire. Just the last two, and not by much at all.

I've been running mine for a while now, no issues at all. Then again I'm on factory boost for the time being.

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
Fire up mine on the coils today. I lengthened a harness which has broken clips. I am still waiting for my new harness. I still have a long way until the car is driving tho.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
First, I want to say "thank you" to "tookwik". You rock for doing the r&d for this set up!

I have been collecting the parts for this mod for a little over a month now, and mocking it up on a spare head I have. I put it all on tonight , and it went together like the parts were designed for this set up from the start! Fired up 1st crank, seemingly better and smoother than before, w/ a slightly higher idle. I'll be driving it tomorrow and will post if I observe any differences (+ or -).

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I dont have anything useful to add (huh, imagine that). I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I haven't posted in Kens thread in a while.
Are you still going to Chicago Ken?