Tookwik4u engine compt makeover

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
I feel your pain.
Was your plan to paint it? It might look a lot better painted. I like your car better all red... some people are just getting crazy with all the blue. I actually heard someone (no names) flew in a yankneck to hook up his interior with the blue man treatment.;)

You called before you cut, right? Send it back if you can. That thing was bent in shipping or something.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
buckshotglass said:
I feel your pain.
I like your car better all red... some people are just getting crazy with all the blue. I actually heard someone (no names) flew in a yankneck to hook up his interior with the blue man treatment.;)

Some people!!!:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
I feel your pain.
Was your plan to paint it? It might look a lot better painted. I like your car better all red... some people are just getting crazy with all the blue. I actually heard someone (no names) flew in a yankneck to hook up his interior with the blue man treatment.;)

You called before you cut, right? Send it back if you can. That thing was bent in shipping or something.

No self respecting hillbillie would ever allow a yankee to stay in his house. What you heard must have been urban legend.................:evil2:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
da89soup said:
Some people!!!:biglaugh:

Yep.:)

So, either, Yur car looks great, or nice job on Heros car.:)
Is this another riddle? Here's a tough one...
You are on SM, and you are talking to Suprahero, and he says how great his flight was. Where are you? You can only ask one question, and it must be to the person you think is DA89SOUP or SUPRAHERO. How do you find out what time it is, and who you are having a conversation with.?:icon_conf

Qwik, I hope you forgot about your hood issues for at least ten seconds.:)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You ask him what -24 degrees feels like, cause the real Suprahero doesn't know anything about that.............now back to your regularly scheduled non fitting carbonfiber hood.............:biglaugh:

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
I had the same problem when i got my cf hood. All i did was cut out holes where it didnt fit and its been working fine for almost 2 years now. Are you going to use hood pins with this hood?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
supra8795 said:
I had the same problem when i got my cf hood. All i did was cut out holes where it didnt fit and its been working fine for almost 2 years now. Are you going to use hood pins with this hood?
Yeah, If the holes was the only problem it woulda been no biggie, but when you stand in front of the car and look down and see the washer reservoir, b.o.v., and the bolts that hold the fender on......that's piss poor!

Buckshot...... not painting the CF, but I will repaint the stocker when I do the car.

This is what I sent in e-mail after talking on the phone and he requested pictures:

To VIS Racing / Carbon Innovation:

I will try to explain in detail here first.......when i first received the hood, I bolted it up and it would only close halfway down, luckily i was closing very slowly. There were no holes for the incursion pins on the hood latch. I cautiously made holes so the hood could shut....that went ok no problem....i figured if that was all the problem, i could live with it. Now the hood shuts all the way and latches, but the fitment is very poor. It has gaps of 3/8" on both sides between hood and fender as well as 3/8"all along the front. (Factory hood is 3/16) when you stand in front of the car and look at it, you can see the washer bottle, bov, all the bolts that bolt the fender on , etc. .....so it looks real gaudy. It also has a height problem.....on the front and rear ends of the hood it sits real close to flush with the front fender, maybe 1mm lower, but it bulges up in the center, sitting 1/4"higher than the fender. The stock hood fits fine, car has never had accident damage, etc. I'm a tech at a Toyota dealer, so i'm crafty enough to make adjustments as needed, but there is really nothing I can do with this. I know you guys just started making these for our style Supra recently and we are all glad, hopefully, it was just one bad one, but no holes by the latch is gonna get some hoods busted by dummies trying to put these on. It seems it just didn't cure properly or something the way it is bowed like that. Also the edges are rough and sanded, not rolled and smooth. The hood does have a VIS sticker, but no ISO badge if that means anything to you. The pics attached should show everything for you clearly.

Please contact me at (815) $#@-*&^% with any questions as soon as you can.

Thanks much

Ken

The seller just called me and said VIS will call me on Monday, but from what he can see in the pictures "IT DOESN'T LOOK TOO BAD.....ESPECIALLY FOR A CAR OVER 10 YEARS OLD, MAYBE THE HEADLIGHTS GOT MOVED FORWARD FROM THE BUMPER COVER BEING REPLACED....CAN YOU ADJUST THE LATCH??....THERES A GAP BETWEEN HEADLAMP AND BUMPER TOO", YAAAAA........assclown, did you read the part in the e-mail where I work on Toyotas for a living. If VIS has that attitude, it's not gonna be pretty......I doubt they are going to be that stupid though.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
tookwik4u89 said:
MAYBE THE HEADLIGHTS GOT MOVED FORWARD FROM THE BUMPER COVER BEING REPLACED....CAN YOU ADJUST THE LATCH??....THERES A GAP BETWEEN HEADLAMP AND BUMPER TOO",

When you replaced the bumper cover, you must have made the hood bigger at the same time.:nono: You should measure the CF and the stocker, and see how far they are off.:icon_conf

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
The headlights got moved forward from the bumper cover...lol:biglaugh:
Cause we can just adjust our headlights all over the place. :3d_frown:

Im sorry Ken I sure hope you get your money back without having to go postal on somebody. This whole thing sucks!! I sure hope it works out for you.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
buckshotglass said:
When you replaced the bumper cover, you must have made the hood bigger at the same time.:nono: You should measure the CF and the stocker, and see how far they are off.:icon_conf
The stocker is 3/8" wider, and 3/16 longer......ohhh, and its not bowed in the middle;)

Ryan.....thanks, and you know I'm your buddy and your pal so change that Avatar soon.....k? I'd rather see Richard....lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
Please contact me at (815) $#@-*&^% with any questions as soon as you can.
Thanks much

Ken

I may be wrong Ken, but I doubt you'll ever hear from these guys. I've tried calling you about ten times, and I haven't gotten you to answer yet.............:dunno:

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
tookwik4u89 said:
Well, it did have a VIS tag on it, but i'm skeptical, made holes and it closes, but it fits like ass.. too much gap all around. It sits just under flush in the front and rear, and higher than flush in the middle....horrible, i'm after a refund! Looks good from a distance:icon_evil :cry: :icon_evil :cry: :3d_frown: :nono:

p528329_1.jpg
are you using the hood shocks? they could be causing the buldge in the middle.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
^^^^^I thought you might be on to something there Matt.....I went out and unbolted the shocks, it made the bulge better, but still not right, maybe if I put heat lamps over it for an hour or so and lay my fat ass across the hood:biglaugh: I sent Duane my #, he said he has some ideas:1zhelp: Gotta love that guy, not even his product and he's willing to help!!!