The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Fuzz420 said:
Goodjob jay, it keeps gettin better and better. I cant wait to get that mission "accomplished feeling." Now way ill get 446 w/o race gas when i get my soop in the shop, but if you come up this way, you going to have one serious race waiting for you ;). Have fun, and dont break it before you can bring it up again :)

I don't plan on breaking it, but it seems everyone thinks it should be making 500 hp, so I may end up running some racegas in it and turnig up the boost a little more. It just kind of scares me.......the way it sounds at 7000 rpm. It sounds awesome, but it sounds like there's no way an engine can stand that over and over and over again..................I guess it's the royal purple holding it together, well that and some Japanese know how................:biglaugh:

Are you and the Louisville crew going to Chicago this year?

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
suprahero said:
I don't plan on breaking it, but it seems everyone thinks it should be making 500 hp, so I may end up running some racegas in it and turnig up the boost a little more. It just kind of scares me.......the way it sounds at 7000 rpm. It sounds awesome, but it sounds like there's no way an engine can stand that over and over and over again..................I guess it's the royal purple holding it together, well that and some Japanese know how................:biglaugh:

Are you and the Louisville crew going to Chicago this year?

Dont worry about it, your just not used to being able to rev high ;)

Ive been debating coming up to chi this year. It all depends on how much more i have spend on this car before its ready.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
theWeezL said:
Well that may be true Aaron but my calculations put him at roughly $200/hp. If I had that much money I could build a few 7M's :aigo:

But yeah, I will also go on to say that the pure bling factor alone is worth alot. While Jays 7M was a nice one...that 1J is soooo clean. Im already making plans for putting one in a 1st gen Celica.

I know you guys are just giving him a hard time for the most part :biglaugh:
It's like saying why go out to a fancy restraunt for $50 when you can take your woman out to eat at McDonalds for under $10. If you can afford it, steak is a lot better then hamburger, even though they both can make a full meal. A lot of his build was also things that were purely for asthetics and some parts that Jay just wanted to have the best he could get.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
bigaaron said:
It's like saying why go out to a fancy restraunt for $50 when you can take your woman out to eat at McDonalds for under $10. If you can afford it, steak is a lot better then hamburger, even though they both can make a full meal.

No, actually Aaron a better analogy for the joke I was trying to make was this: Why take your wife to the steak house when the woman is a great cook and you already have some "nice meat" for her to cook...:naughty:

And I in no way was implying that Jay even deserves Vixens cooking...it was a rhetorical question, lol.

Ok, in all seriousness, I never meant to give any impression that Jay shouldnt have spent that money on his supra, or for that matter on a 1JZ swap. Or anything else he spends his money on. First of all its none of my business, secondly he chose well in his car and his parts choices. His car is SICK and I forsee RotY going to another blue Supra next year. In fact, I will make a bet right now, I'll put up $100 cash that says he WILL win it next year...I bet not too many people take me up on that bet!

If there is one thing I dont want to be seen as is a 1JZ hater, or even suggest that there is any room in this thread for that kind of discussion.

I was really only teasing him to cover up my own selfish feelings of inadaquacy and too hide my 1JZ envy. :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Weezl, don't worry at all. I don't take anything on the internet to heart, unless it's positive, and I dont feel you have said anything negative towards me or my 1jz. Money is just money and some people choose to spend it on cigarettes, alcohol, or other vices. My vice is my supra. I just happen to be fortunate enough to play poker every wednesday and saturday night against four millionaires and a few thousandaires. I never really kill them, but I probably average six hundred to a thousand dollars each night. I occasionally lose five hundred dollars, but it's well worth it. My golf game has suffered horribly since I started playing cards, but these same guys will only play me two dollars a whole at golf, and we'll play for pot limit at cards where there may be five hundred to a thousand dollars in one pot...........go figure.

Sorry for the tangent, but just wanted to clarify that I'm a construction work, but I'm very very lucky at poker. I never had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of until I started playing poker with these guys. I still don't have anything, except for an eight thousand dollar 1jz....................:biglaugh:

You're also correct about me not deserving Vixen...............:cry:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ummmm....can I get in on that game? :naughty:

I started playing poker last year. I started with $1000 and Im now sitting at just over $1.6mil. Unfortunately its only play money :cry:

anyway, enough weezlmade drama, more pictures of that new A-duct!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Your car sounds great Jay and if i were you i would not try to push the limit of any engine over a little peer pressure that these guys give ,You are happy and thats all that matters other than Vixen being happy .......:icon_bigg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
You guys make it sound like he's running on the razor's edge of safety with the engine. There's not a problem with lack of fuel in his setup and the AFRs and boost are kept in check for the respective gas he's running it seems. All systems are go. IDK how much farther I'd go with pump gas though.

There might be a kink or two to work out but it's not like there's DAng3R to Teh Man1foldz.

450hp with just a shakedown tune with some piggy backs on pump gas is great work.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
theWeezL said:
In fact, I will make a bet right now, I'll put up $100 cash that says he WILL win it next year...I bet not too many people take me up on that bet!
I'll take you up on that bet...:icon_razz

p567495_1.jpg

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
OneJoeZee said:
You guys make it sound like he's running on the razor's edge of safety with the engine. There's not a problem with lack of fuel in his setup and the AFRs and boost are kept in check for the respective gas he's running it seems. All systems are go. IDK how much farther I'd go with pump gas though.

There might be a kink or two to work out but it's not like there's DAng3R to Teh Man1foldz.

450hp with just a shakedown tune with some piggy backs on pump gas is great work.
Thats not what i am saying at all , If Jay is happy then why push it for the forurm.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
buckshotglass said:
I wanted that quote written in stone.

write away if you wish, but I believe that my integrity is more than enough for a simple bet....

Jay & I don't live too far apart & we've kicked around the idea of getting together & having a photo shoot of our cars together, so any jabs thrown between us is known to be just for good natured fun, nothing more. I really want the photo deal to happen.....

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
buckshotglass said:
I will vote for Jay if he ever posts some pics of the outside of his car like he promised.

Are you refering to the ASAP pictures he was going to take for all of us buckshot???? :3d_frown:

What was the excuse again he used for not taking those pictures he promised??? Oh ya, the dreaded, life altering, end of the world as we know it, pollen!!! :icon_conf :icon_razz :biglaugh:

rakkasan said:
Jay & I don't live too far apart & we've kicked around the idea of getting together & having a photo shoot of our cars together, I really want the photo deal to happen.....

That sounds great Rakkasan!!! But when you guys do the photo shoot could you post the pictures because we all know how great Jay is at posting pictures of his car......:biglaugh:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
rakkasan said:
my integrity is more than enough for a simple bet....
Never doubted for a sec. No worries. It's just not something you hear every day.:)

Soup- That pollen is like kryptonite for the all mighty Suprahero. Even mere mortals like me know that.

I think Jay needs a "this sticker adds 50 hp" sticker for where he had the boost leak. It's so awesome to fix a major problem with a wrench, and not a pen.