Salvage title causes what?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
T34418L3ONE said:
most insurance companies will not give you full coverage on a salvage titled vehicle, just liability.

That is not true. AAA registered my Mustang after it was stolen/recovered and salvaged due to that. I still had full covereage on it. The value they give you though for next time is not the same. Unless ofcourse you find a cool adjuster :naughty: :naughty:

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
According to KBB.com when the car is under a salvaged title it can't be appraised, unless it is a private appraisal for any little thing that might be worth something. So I would only buy a salvage if you never plan to sell it...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
On a 18 year old car a salvage title means nothing. My 1jz car has a salvage title. It was no extra work at all to get in my name. I just smogged it and went to pay the fees at dmv and I was done. A mk3 can be salvaged because something as simple as scratched paint. If you don't want the car after it got scratched and you want a payout instead you just go to the most expensive paint place in town and get a quote, if it's more then bluebook for the car, it's salvaged. That was the case with my mk3, there were minor dents and scratches and they got a payout and then bought the car back for $200 and drove it around for a few years before selling it to me. The car you want to buy had no major damage, I drove it and worked on it myself in the past.