Salvage title causes what?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I dunno what the law is in cali, but in CT you have to have the title 'rebuilt' before the car can be registered. That involves proving repairs were done and taking the car to an inspection station.

I think when turboguy was saying check for matching vins he meant on the body panels. If the car was salvaged that's the best way to figure out where it was hit and what was replaced. All major panels have vin tags on them.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
From what I understand, you can NEVER remove the fact that the car has been salvaged at one time. You can always get a "rebuilt" title and of course have the car made roadworthy. If you are talking about a 1JZ that is another story. You may have more trouble than you want or, on the other hand you may luck out. A salvaged title only brings the value of the car down since it adds mystery about the reason for it. A seller may only tell you part of the story or make one up altogether.

If this is the car of your dreams and you have to have it then don't worry about the salvaged title. I don't know what effect that has on insurance however.

Either way, I would have the seller smog it right before you buy it. I believe you have 60 days grace period once it's been smogged (whether it needs it or not). I did that to one of my Supras that I sold.

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
Guy's,

The car Hells. is buying does have a salvage title. I ran the vin for him.

However, I am aware of who the prior owner was and it apears to have been very well maintained and cared for over many years.

Hells. question is not should I or should I not?

Hells. question is, how will it affect the registering and insuring of the car.

Sorry hells., I had to jump in here. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
And, for what it's worth you have my seal of aproval on this purchase.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Oh, and if this is the car I am thinking of....are you just finding out about the title issue NOW !!! After all the correspondence and work you have been doing to try and buy it.....

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I dont think kyle is worried about the purchase I think he is worried about insurence and the other things that go along with him owning the car.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
goliath said:
Guy's,

The car Hells. is buying does have a salvage title. I ran the vin for him.

However, I am aware of who the prior owner was and it apears to have been very well maintained and cared for over many years.

Hells. question is not should I or should I not?

Hells. question is, how will it affect the registering and insuring of the car.

Sorry hells., I had to jump in here. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
And, for what it's worth you have my seal of aproval on this purchase.

Thanks goliath. He knows. I was gonna make this a suprise, I think ill keep it this way. The owner and I are talking now, and its not a big deal.

Oh and chris, yes, neither of us were 100% sure. I expected it, as did he, but i jsut needed confirmation.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
HellsLegion said:
Thanks Chris. I do want this car, so its gonna happen. I jsut really want to know what is goign to have to happen on my part.

And as stated. smog is covered. no worries
I was just wondering if you were made aware of the title issue up front OR is this one of those...."Oh, did I mention that the car has a salvaged title, but don't worry about it?"....kind of things