Salvage title causes what?

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
Nothing wrong with a salvaged car if repaired properly. Only this it really hurts is 1. Resale, and 2. Insuring the car for value.

Usually the resale is not a problem when dealing with other supra enthusiasts. :)

corylee316

until it goes boom
Aug 17, 2006
Moscow, IA
mattjk is right. for a car that is valued like ours, as long as it isn't messed up then no one really cares. As long as the repairs were done right it's ok.

corylee316

until it goes boom
Aug 17, 2006
Moscow, IA
If you pass the state standards for getting it road worthy then you are fine in your state. That is the problem with asking that question across state borders. In my state it might just require that it dosen't blow up. In yours it might require a few more steps.

corylee316

until it goes boom
Aug 17, 2006
Moscow, IA
Take it to someone that you trust and see what they have to say. If they are all right with it then you might be all right. Other wise look out. If you don't have someone to take it to then ask you friends. What ever you can do. In the end it all boils down to is it worth it to you?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Oh. ask the owner why it was a salvage. Cali laws are strict. There might not even be any damage on the car and there would be a salvage title.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
The thing is, I know the owner. And I know its done right.

It is worth it to me. And if you all knew the car I was buying, it would be worth it to you too.

Ill figure it out, Hopefully adjuster sees this thread

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
HellsLegion said:
Ill figure it out, Hopefully adjuster sees this thread
Send him a PM?
He's actually the first one I thought could answer this correctly when I read it.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Exactly, it runs fine, and has driven that way for 3 years(obviously meaning its been fixed). Im not too worried about the ar, What I want to know is,what does this mean when I register it

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
They match. I know it, This car isnt from a shady person, Its also been a US car all its life.

What else should I check for?

It may be important this car has a 1jz as well. Doesnt mean much, cause no one can tell the difference, this isnt the state ref, but none the less