Salvage title causes what?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
BorHor said:
^ yeah i would think it would be on the title.
Yeah it says it right on there *screams like Sam Kinnison* IN BIG FUCKING RED LETTERS !!!

j/k, I had to say that, it was the first thing that came to mind.:biglaugh:

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
the whole salvage title is so bogus. There are many cars that should have been junked and are repaired and put back on the road without anyone knowing about it... then there are the cars just need a minor repair, and are salvaged because the owner is too cheap to pay for the repairs, so they get extra money to have it salvaged.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
I did that with a an mr2 supercharged I had. I clipped a curb and bent the rear a-arm. $800 to get fixed or $1800 to salvage the car. I took the $1800 and the salvage title and replaced the bent arm myself for $80.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
chriso said:
Then he knew.

::::: ) It says on the top right corner of the title, < SALVAGED>. There is no way you don't know, because after a a car is declared Salvaged, and is made road worthy again, another title will be issued reflecting this status.

Kyle, If this car has already been registered in California, you don't have to worrry about registering it under your name. The repairs have been made and the new title was probabaly given to the currrent owner. All he does is sign it over after you pay him, and you will take it to the DMV with the bill of sale and the SMOG receipt and they will register it for you as a new owner. DMV does not care if the car is beinf sold yo another person after the car has been repaired and registered with them once after being salvaged.Trust me, I know.