Salvage title causes what?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I know a car is given a salvage title when it is damage, it is declared more to fix than the car is worth, and if fixed, it is givin such a title.

Now, the car I am going to buy, according to carfax, has a salvage title.

What does this mean to me when I go to register it? And insure?

Thanks

Kyle

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
a salvage title doesnt mean you cannot register the car, it just means theres a little extra work to register it. for example you will have to get the car inspected to make sure it is road worthy and get a vin inspection. also you will have to get rebuilt from salvage stamped somewhere on the car. its kind of a pain in the ass so good luck.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
When a car is salvaged, and you buy it back to repair and re-register, you have to do these:

Fix Damage
Get a brake and lamp inspection done
SMOG
Take it to DMV and they inspector there checks the VIN and the brake and lamp inspection certificate. They also check those themselves.
Then you get a new title that says > Salvage on it

Also brings down the price of the car drastically.

It also has to go through this process only once..and then you can wheel and deal nirmally but you have to declare that it is salvaged at all times.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
corylee316 said:
What kind of car did you end up getting? Just curious.

He could not fit in most cars due to him being very tall. He just decided to get a Yugo..I think he picked one up too...Nice ride Kyle :)Now put some 22'a and a DUB sticker on it...