S2 Now makes Carbon doors :)

Mar 31, 2005
us
americanjebus said:
Get a group buy on the hatch!!!

I wonder about how safe those doors are in a side impact.
you'd be crazy and foolish to put these on a street car. race yes, show maybe. side impact shouldn't even cross your mind. besides, if you are racing, you should have a cage anyway. problem solved

Mar 31, 2005
us
cartel1_950 said:
those are badass! and 11 pounds is huge weight savings! the stock doors have to way at least 60pounds
have you ever taken off a stock door? i would guess close to double that of a driver's power seat, and those are 70 lbs. think more like 120+ pounds per door... HEAVY!!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Senor Disastro, i believe we have already gone over this multiple times, no more discussing the purpose of the doors or blah blah blah, read the ENTIRE and you'll see. Plus "Slow" already told us his gutted door was like 80lbs. So....

Letter has been resent!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
well, they arnt in my imediate plans, but if there is a group buy and i can save some dollars on them then ill get a set for my future plans. I want a hatch, bad

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
EdgeSupra said:
So basically....2 people.
LOL, its barely possible to get a couple people to put down 50 bucks... much less 1,000 with who knows what kind of wait. 2 is very optimistic.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
mkIIIman089 said:
LOL, its barely possible to get a couple people to put down 50 bucks... much less 1,000 with who knows what kind of wait. 2 is very optimistic.
lol I think once prices and everything is discussed and a group buy is actually set up (not just discussed), there will be much more interest!

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Grimsta said:
. Plus "Slow" already told us his gutted door was like 80lbs. So....

I don't recall saying that. I don't have a scale, but my best guess at my fully gutted door is about 35lbs, plus the lexan and framing for it...so i'm in the neighborhood of 40lbs. I should really get a scale to confirm....

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Grimsta said:
I guess that was the weight of ungutted door then. Or the weight of both combined that i was thinking of

80 pounds is for each door. (fully functional) I weighed one a few years ago. I would have to guess that Byan/slow66 doors are around 35 ish

Duane

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
CDNSUPRA said:
lol I think once prices and everything is discussed and a group buy is actually set up (not just discussed), there will be much more interest!

Interest != buyers.

Everyone's always interested in group buy. Then when it comes to ante up, well that's a different story.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
OneJoeZee said:
Interest != buyers.

Everyone's always interested in group buy. Then when it comes to ante up, well that's a different story.
Also very true. That is what I am worried about with the GB for CF Targa tops that I am trying to organize. But I guess it still does help give a general idea of how many/who is interested in the product.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
OneJoeZee said:
Interest != buyers.

Aint this the truth! Look at the S2 fender group buy that I'm trying to spark interest in. Back then, many people raved about wanting the fenders. Now that it's time to step up for group buy, only 3 people, including myself have stepped up.

Many people talked about wanting the Abflug lip...after I setup a groupbuy, no one stepped up.

Many were drooling over the Godfather flares, but after the groupbuy was established, barely 10 people bought it.

Not hating on any individual player, but hating on the MKIII Supra game, how many will really step up to $1200...maybe even $1400/$1500/$1600/$1700 (including shipping) for CF doors??? The only pricepoint at which an adequate number of buyers will participate in a CF door group buy is $120 shipped. :momaru:

When I first saw this thread a while back, I was already skeptic, thinking, "Here we go again. No way will a group buy go through for these doors. Most people are too cheap. All talk!." I decided not to post at all since I didn't wanna say anything negative in nature.. I just finally decided to speak up on an issue that is not anything new.

So as far as CF door groupbuy.....

:bsflag:

If I'm proven wrong, it's probably because the group buy was for an MKIV .:momaru:

Last edited:

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
I am really interested in the CF hatch if i couldn't get the hatch i dont think i'd get the doors i can fab my own Fiberglass doorskins alot cheaper then 1500 and only be a few pound more .. but the hatch is outside my ability.

And i just spent $5900 on a swap so im already invested in this car .. I'll let everyone know how the engine is when i get it tomorrow. I'll prolly post on sunday.

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
I'd like to know how many people would want the S2 bumper insert in front of the IC. As far as group buy goes, why not (if possible) arrange one for all of their products people are interested in. Some people could get the doors while others could get whatever other item they wanted. I'd pick up the IC duct insert and front lip in a heartbeat.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Techno Supra said:
I'd like to know how many people would want the S2 bumper insert in front of the IC. As far as group buy goes, why not (if possible) arrange one for all of their products people are interested in. Some people could get the doors while others could get whatever other item they wanted. I'd pick up the IC duct insert and front lip in a heartbeat.

If you you'd pick up the front lip in a heartbeat, there was a group buy that no one signed onto a couple of months on the Abflug Lip, which is basically the S2 lip. I believe that S2 only resells the lip, but Abflug manufactures it. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55480. So my point is, even if a group buy was established, people won't step up. Just like Joe said:

OneJoeZee said:
Interest != buyers.

Anyways, back to the S2 doors. Take it easy, everyone. Sorry about my strong words. I just wanted to put them out there.