REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Rob is my welder... He's a really good frined of mine, master welder/fabricator in the AF... Im lucky to have his help, he's saved me countless amounts of time, money and effort... So yeah, TOTAL props go to my buddy Rob and his skills...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
wooo progress.. tampa is a month away ;)

think your going to make it? if not you better go to texas! If not I'll come out the weekend before and we'll finish and head out tuesday to texas ;)

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
Looks very nice Jake.

I am about to fab up my pipes and hope to do as well. From the compressor housing to the intercooler I was planning to go down and under but you went up and over. Since I am using the same exhaust manifold and my turbo (GT4088r) is simlar to yours, I am curious to know why you did it that way.

Jim

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
William: thank you sir!

FT: those arent my Buds, that's Rob's, and yeah, Im sure he'll need a few more when we start fabbin up this exhaust, lol... Personally, I like the Blue Moon wheat and currently enjoying a Leinenkugel's sunset wheat... :)

Blackfin: I dont know what size IC piping you intend to use, but I went with 3"... During mock up, because my intention was to go under, I found it was really close to the ground, I didnt want to risk the pipe being damaged or worn... So we decided to try going over the top... It turned out perfect... The pipe is about an inch over the frame/body, so there is no chance of it rubbing due to vibration or motor rocking... Also, we were able to make the IC piping in two pieces! So I only have 4 couplers! Compressor to ic pipe, ic pipe to IC inlet, IC outlet to ic pipe, ic pipe to throttle body... FOUR! The less couplers you have, the less chance for boost leaks and pressure drop from expanding rubber...

Jag: I have a list, in my head, lol... I know, I need to actually make one so i dont forget all the nit picky stuff... On something like this, where everything is new, ya really have to check EVERYTHING and then double check it... Like, I just filled my tranny with Redline MT90, and tonight when we put the car up on stands to prep for exhaust, there was a really small puddle of fluid under the tranny... Well, since the tranny is the only thing with fluid, I inspected it and sure enough a small leak... WTF?!! Turns out, the drain plug for the tranny wasnt tightened all the way... :( So, I tightened it, and added the other 1/2 quart of tranny fluid... Check everything... Then double check...

LilMiss: whoo hoo! I promised ya pics, I try to deliver on my promises...

Justin: cobb........

Runner: Am I where?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
THIS IS SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope not done, but mifey called me to tell me a package from Titan came today, so that should be it as far as stuff I need... This weekend we'll be fabbin the exhaust... Stay tuned...

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Who needs exhaust to start the car? Open DP baby!! :biglaugh:

Let me know if you track down a startup checklist for the mkIII like you were talking about, all these random ground cables I have laying around are making me scratch my head lol

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Reign_Maker said:
THIS IS SUPRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope not done, but mifey called me to tell me a package from Titan came today, so that should be it as far as stuff I need... This weekend we'll be fabbin the exhaust... Stay tuned...
Hows the (Mifey) and what did Titan send you? :evil2:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Jake:

I made a similar mistake as you :)

I let my buddy tighten my tranny drain bolt. Hes a huge strong guy, but yet i go down the next afternoon to find my tranny fluid on the floor :D

I hope that the tranny "problem" is the worst you encounter :)