REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

2jzmk3

jake, the car is coming along nicely, i am going to send you those parts tomorrow to finsih it up.. let me know if you need anything else..

BTW i dont know if my car will be done for the meet, but i am trying i should get the car back sometime this week.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
It's hard paint that cracks and chips, reign. Softer paints are more forgiving, as rather than chipping and a big chunk falling off, it will just have a tiny indent that is generally not very visible.

Now, I'm gonna read this thread backwards.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Sean: THANKS! I cant wait! As for your car, thats cool bro... We'll just have to have an UNLEASHING party/meet for both our cars man... ;)

Justin: 'preciate it man!

Boost: haha, yeah, read it backwards, see my nice motor revert back to a nasty oil covered hump of iron, lol...

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
nah, I'm reading it like a Quentin Tarantino film. The end, then what leads up to it. I get both instant gratification from seeing the near-end result, and I can appreciate the long treacherous road to get there.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Engine looks Badass!
Reign_Maker said:
.....................I want to clean up my engine bay and paint it, but I dont wanna use some paint that'll chip, I gotta be able to clean it when needed... Any suggestions? Maybe I should ask this in general, get more responses... maybe?
Go to an automotive paint store and buy a quart of single stage paint with the hardener to match your paint code, then go to Harbor Freight and buy a touch up gun. Mask off the bay, practice a little with the touch up gun to get your pattern small and tight and you'll end up with what you're looking for.
Reign_Maker said:
My dead line: when it gets done, lol... I just want it done by the spring, I want the motor broken in by the Texas meet, because we ARE goin! ................
That's what I'm talking about Jake, can't wait!:drink1:

Last edited:

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Reign_Maker said:
Thanks, Im pretty good at what I do... :D:D:D

Its not PC... Its just paint... Im hoping after a few heat cycles it'll harden up... Or if anyone knows, is there a spray that I can put on it to make it hard so it wont chip? ...
The way that you cure the paint on your engine so that it last is to heat cycle it. When you initially start the car you will start to smell paint, when you do, turn it off and let it cool. Repeat until you no longer smell paint, could take 10-15 start ups, seriously. If you keep running it when it smells, you will burn the paint and it will flake off sooner than later.

This is an amazing product to use on any parts that you want to look like raw aluminum, it contains actual aluminum shavings suspended in a paint. Once it cures, it last pretty much forever up to 1200 degrees. I painted my entire catback, downpipe, exhaust manifold heat shields, etc. It probably won't work on the exhaust manifold or hot side of turbo though. It goes on with a brush, so it can be touched up very easily, never has needed it on mine.

You can also get it in darker gray.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=734&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=390&iSubCat=394&iProductID=734
p9280.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks guys...

Rajunz: I can not WAIT for the day that we can roll side by side... Ive always LOVED your car, its a true import MUSCLE car... I love the raw fusion of import and old skool muscle... The wheels, the paint, the motor... Amazing... And thanks for the tips on the paint... I appreciate ya!

Justin: Party in Texas this spring, get ready brother...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm marking it down. Let's see how I handle this six hour drive to Louisville this weekend. If I can handle that, maybe I can handle a ten hour drive to Texas.......................lol

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Man I can't wait for you guys to make it down, the TX Meets are such a blast. Last year, we had a poolside BBQ planned for Friday night at the host hotel. About 3 in the afternoon we were all getting pretty drunk in the parking lot, just hanging out, we met some other MKIII owners from Dallas. "Hey dude, you sober enough to drive?", they said yeah. "Cool, take us to the grocery store", Laughing our asses off throughout the grocery store, spent about $300 on more beer and meat, about 50-60 showed up poolside and partied..................and that was just the first day there. It's non stop fun for sure!

Plan your vacations now, mid March, exact dates coming soon!