REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jake,

I'm Pm'ing you right after this. We can definitely have a beer or 12.

I'll send you all of my numbers, and hope you can send one back. It costs me nothing on home or cell to talk long distance. If you can't see any of this until you get over here then no big deal. Take care of yourself! If nothing else, my work number is 251-675-1043. It rings at my desk, so nobody else should answer it. I don't stay too busy very often. People, PLEASE, this is posted for Jake's benefit. Parts requests can be done thru PM. I don't need to be always on the work phone.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Best of luck getting through the times Jake, whatever the deal is you strike me as a guy who will come through stronger in the end. I will say a prayer to the big guy upstairs to throw a hurricane your way .....for property damage purposes only of course! My car is pretty much done and I can't even afford to renew my plates for God's sake, I can understand.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi Jake and Hi all!

It took me 2 weeks beside my work ,have a lot to do ,to read through this 209 pages.
It is amazing what you did with your motor and all your parts are just :naughty: I can not find the words...

My supra was with me more than 2 years when it had a BHG .The motor rebuilt was more than 11 months , after that I started to use it and the next day an idiot crashed me .
Tha rebuilt took more than a year

So I have her now again and all I can say all the sweats , all the money invested , all the nerves... IT IS WORTHED

I hope your life will come straight and you can finish this piece of art

All I can say with all the others WE WAIT YOU BACK HERE

RESPECT to you

SirGeorgee

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im back... Only been about a month... ;) Only update I have on the car is that I got some OBX upper and lower radiator hoses, lol... They look good though... Oh, and I still HAVE the car... I guess I should consider myself lucky there... Read this to understand why: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82246
Reign_Maker;1130321 said:
Here is what I was thinking about doing... Let me know what you guys think...

Sell my aem, sell my 1000cc injectors... Buy 680cc injectors and a MAFT Pro... I think the biggest injectors the Maft Pro can handle are 680s... My dreams of 700+hp are faded... All I want now is the car to run... 500-550 on pump gas... Should be able to get that...

What do you guys think?
ahem... Feed back please... ;) I dont know much about the MAFT Pro, so anyone think this would be a good idea?

sirgeorgee;1132151 said:
It took me 2 weeks beside my work ,have a lot to do ,to read through this 209 pages.
It is amazing what you did with your motor and all your parts are just :naughty: I can not find the words...

RESPECT to you

SirGeorgee
thank you for taking the time to read...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
what some people said was that if you get big ass injectors, and you use a piggyback, because your telling the ECU to take away fuel, it also effects timing in a negative way...

thats just what i've been told.

and i dont see why the MAFT Pro couldnt compensate for the bigger injectors...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
So do you think my plan is a good idea? Can I use the 1000cc injectors, or should I sell/trade them for smaller ones? With the maft pro, what sensors do I need? Can i use the ones for my AEM? GM boost, AIT and 5 bar map...

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Reign_Maker;1158356 said:
So do you think my plan is a good idea? Can I use the 1000cc injectors, or should I sell/trade them for smaller ones? With the maft pro, what sensors do I need? Can i use the ones for my AEM? GM boost, AIT and 5 bar map...

Honestly, I have a hard time recommending the MaftPro to you since you already have the AEM! If at all possible, I would just wait until you can finish with what you have instead of starting to sell things at a lower cost to buy lesser parts.

That being said, I'm happy with my MaftPro setup so far, the learning curve was a bit steep but not too bad at all, and I know there are many people on here willing to give you all the support you'll need to get up and running!

I'm not entirely sure if you can use the 1000cc injectors, I still haven't reached the point of having to look into dealing with scaling up and avoiding fuel cut

As far as sensors, depends on if you want to run in translator mode (run a MAF sensor) or speed density (AIT and MAP sensors)

The MaftPro is compatible with a GM 3 bar Map sensor, or AEM 5 bar map sensor (and a few others, but i believe you have one of these?) Not entirely sure about AIT compatibility, but I have an extra one I can send you if you go this route.

Good luck with everything, and take it easy on yourself!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Whats keeping you from just sticking with the AEM? You have the stuff you need to run the numbers you want so why downgrade. If its the wiring there are plenty of people here to walk you through it if not go do it for the sake of helping.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
AEM is over whelming for me right now... Along with the fact that I cant tune an AEM on my own... Meaning, I would have to take the car to Titan in Orlando... *$$$* I would have to get them to tune it for me... *$$$* Its getting cold, so when it warms up, I would have to take it back to Titan... *$$$* And pay them to tune it again... *$$$* If I ever had a start issue or a timing issue or fuel issue, I would have to take it to Titan... *$$$* And then get it tuned or retuned or tweaked or whatever... *$$$*

See what this is adding up to? *$$$*

With the maft pro, I can install and tune myself, using stock ecu... It has auto tune... Boost control... Timing control... Its less expensive than the AEM... Install is easy... It has a display... I dont need a lap top... I can start the car on the stock ecu...

But here is my next question, can I use the Q45 throttle boy with the maft pro? Or do I need to get a TB adapter for the stock TPS for my Q45?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I agree the AEM would be more of a hassle but learning the AEM software and logistics is just a small step further from learning how to tune with the maftpro. I mean in order to really tune with the maftpro you will need a laptop anyway if you ever want to touch your VE table values and log your runs in order to even begin to work with the timing control. I've been working with my pro for a while now, and yes for the money it is a lot of help. But I still consider making that change over to the stand alone because it wouldnt be all that much harder to work with.

And yes you can keep the q45 you just have to redo some wiring and change some settings in the pro. Havent done it myself but its not big hurtle. Someone else should be able to chime in on that subject.

IMO the AEM just sounds more intimidating than it really is. But your right, in the long run it would be more troublesome and expensive to get it dyno tuned. But still $ for $ those sessions will get you more efficient performance from your engine than the pro will, especially at the higher power levels. I'd be down to trade you systems if i had enough to cover the extra cost of the AEM.

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Reign_Maker;1158821 said:
AEM is over whelming for me right now... Along with the fact that I cant tune an AEM on my own... Meaning, I would have to take the car to Titan in Orlando... *$$$* I would have to get them to tune it for me... *$$$* Its getting cold, so when it warms up, I would have to take it back to Titan... *$$$* And pay them to tune it again... *$$$* If I ever had a start issue or a timing issue or fuel issue, I would have to take it to Titan... *$$$* And then get it tuned or retuned or tweaked or whatever... *$$$*

See what this is adding up to? *$$$*

With the maft pro, I can install and tune myself, using stock ecu... It has auto tune... Boost control... Timing control... Its less expensive than the AEM... Install is easy... It has a display... I dont need a lap top... I can start the car on the stock ecu...

But here is my next question, can I use the Q45 throttle boy with the maft pro? Or do I need to get a TB adapter for the stock TPS for my Q45?

I have a tps adaptor for the 7m tps on the q45 or you can wire the q45 tps in. If your intredted in the tps adaptor pm me i will hook you up big time i wann see you get this baby going.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
americanjebus;1158478 said:
Whats keeping you from just sticking with the AEM? You have the stuff you need to run the numbers you want so why downgrade. If its the wiring there are plenty of people here to walk you through it if not go do it for the sake of helping.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!!!!!

Jake, you should know better than almost anybody, that this place is a wealth of info. Hell, you have been the source of a lot of information yourself. Isn't there anybody closer than Titan that can tune an AEM? Maybe Mark or Chris, I dunno? Or surely somebody on here can send you maps, and talk you through it. If a laptop is the problem, I can grab one and head over to help fumble through it.

Also, if you will look into the SE section on SF, there is a thread titled "Mobile meet and tune 4th oct!" They bumped the date back to this past weekend. Alpha, whoever he is took over the dyno here, and tuned MrWally's AEM EMS. Alpha is from Tampa, and I believe he will be doing more events similar to what he did here. Maybe if you can hook it up and get a base tune, he will be back in the area, and be able to help.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
wesbeech;1159165 said:
I have a tps adaptor for the 7m tps on the q45 or you can wire the q45 tps in. If your intredted in the tps adaptor pm me i will hook you up big time i wann see you get this baby going.
I have my Q45 wired in, I just hope I wired it properly... Would suck if the car wouldnt run because I had two wires backwards, lol... I have another stock TB, so I might take you up on the offer of the factory tps...
ForcedTorque;1159176 said:
I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!!!!!

Jake, you should know better than almost anybody, that this place is a wealth of info. Hell, you have been the source of a lot of information yourself. Isn't there anybody closer than Titan that can tune an AEM? Maybe Mark or Chris, I dunno? Or surely somebody on here can send you maps, and talk you through it. If a laptop is the problem, I can grab one and head over to help fumble through it.

Also, if you will look into the SE section on SF, there is a thread titled "Mobile meet and tune 4th oct!" They bumped the date back to this past weekend. Alpha, whoever he is took over the dyno here, and tuned MrWally's AEM EMS. Alpha is from Tampa, and I believe he will be doing more events similar to what he did here. Maybe if you can hook it up and get a base tune, he will be back in the area, and be able to help.
I know Alpha... Yeah, he's from tampa... Great tuner... And yeah, Chris and Hal are willing to help me tune, but like I said, its the whole issue of, what happens if I have a problem down the road? I cant wait for someone to come rescue me... I dunno what Im gunna do... All I know is that I need to get her done, Im tired of waiting... I need something good to happen to me... Im so screwed, because also, on top of all this, I have to buy new whjeels and tires, because I sold my 5zigens, intending on using that money to buy different wheels, and because Tamara fucked me so bad, I had to use that money to pay bills and stuff... So I have to save up the money for new wheels... Its just a mess for me lately... I know I'll get through this, but what a fuckin battle... Ya know?

Justin727

T-virus infected
dude get someone to help you out. Watch them carefully step by step. Along with doing alot of reading up.. "study" While they're showing you, do some hands on as well man. Of course you won't know everything over night but slowly but surely you'll catch on.

of course if you get stumped you'll have a database full of knowledge here on the forums my friend. Just try to look positive and trust me I know thats a hard thing to do right now....

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Oh Im positive... Im positive this is iritating the hell outta me... I wanna drive... Dude, I cant go pick up my date in the work truck! "Sorry sweety, here, let me brush this sheet rock mud off the seat for ya... There ya go, sit right there"....... "Baby, why yo truck be stanky?" Thats right, just sleep my sweet, just sleeeeeeeep...