REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93399

I havent posted my car for sale yet, I gotta get pics off my other computer... Ideally what I would love is to trade mine for one that runs and is in good shape plus some cash, that way I have a Supra to build when the time is right... I sat down and finally added up all I have invested in this build: close to $25,000... Jeez... But the plan is to sell the car with motor and tranny intact so I dont have to pull/ship them... Then part out the rest... I dont know yet... Still working it out in my head... I've finally accepted that the car has to go, I just havent accepted how the car will go, lol...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Reign_Maker;1288131 said:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93399

Ideally what I would love is to trade mine for one that runs and is in good shape plus some cash, that way I have a Supra to build when the time is right... I sat down and finally added up all I have invested in this build: close to $25,000... Jeez... But the plan is to sell the car with motor and tranny intact so I dont have to pull/ship them... Then part out the rest... I dont know yet... Still working it out in my head... I've finally accepted that the car has to go, I just havent accepted how the car will go, lol...

Why not strip it down to bone stock, and make it run like that. Sell off the goodies, and try again later. Drive your car as a stock Supra. You know and love the car, get some enjoyment out of it. I doubt you are gonna ever see half of that $25,000 back, you know that story.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
DAMN IT MAN! You are smart!!! I might do that... Drive it stock with a built ass motor, ha! I got a motor that can handle 1000hp, but uh, it's only pushin 250 right now, i like my shit built BIG! lol...

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Reign_Maker;1288387 said:
DAMN IT MAN! You are smart!!! I might do that... Drive it stock with a built ass motor, ha! I got a motor that can handle 1000hp, but uh, it's only pushin 250 right now, i like my shit built BIG! lol...

thats exactly my setup built motor stock everything else

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, there is an emotional attachment there that I want to sever too... Remember, this was Tamara's and mine... I'd love to keep my drive train... What I might do is try to trade a shell with someone, or something, maybe buy one that's got a jacked motor in it, I dunno... But I need to get rid of the car, as part of the symbolism, ya know?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im in Panama City Beach now... I dont think I'll ever be leaving the Pan handle, well, not any time soon... I'm starting school in the fall, and will be getting my nursing degree... I know, a dude nurse, but hey, it's good money, scratch that, it's GREAT money, and nursing is recession proof, people will always do stupid shit to get hurt or get sick, or whatever, so there will always be a need... Construction has died, I mean, D>>E>>A>>D....DEAD! There is so much cut throating going on, I can't survive... Plus, physically, mentally and emotionally, I cant do it anymore... 14 years was enough... So, *grabs balls* turn your head and cough sir... *COUGH* oh yeah, nice! ;) *plus, my g/f is an ICU critical care nurse, so Im a shoe in for the program AND I literally have a walking encyclopedia of knowledge living with me, so no excuse to ace the class*

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
I completely understand where you're coming from Jake. Best of luck with whatever decision you make. I know it's not an easy one.

At least you have an entire forum who cares for you and your feelings. Not a bad definition of "community" and "family" if you ask me....

-Mo

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
no, yeah, i know... trust me... And the sad thing is, i havent given back to this community in MONTHS due to my own personal life being so f*cked the past 6-9 months... Its amazing people havent forgotten about me, ha! You people are one of the main reasons i wanna get another supra and stay in this family... I love the car, but love the people too...

Justin727

T-virus infected
Brother just sell your turbo and manifold, standalone, and some other goodies... Buy a Boss bolt it on, get some smaller injectors, then get it ready to go.. You're so close my friend just get it done I'll take my vacation time off just to swing on over to help you just give me a date man lets do it

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Jake, let me know if you need something to help finish the car. I don't have many extra parts, but what I do have is yours for free. I'll cover the shipping too.

I hear you on the construction sucking these days. I'm glad I'm out of it. I don't see how Jay has stayed in it for so long.....

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reign_Maker;1290652 said:
What were you thinking about? How much cash involved with the trade? PM me...

You know im not sure, depends on what you and I would want to swap between cars. Might be interesting to look at both of them and see what if anything we could work out. Id really like to have a 5speed again since all my other cars are automatic.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
roundfinger;1290671 said:
You know im not sure, depends on what you and I would want to swap between cars. Might be interesting to look at both of them and see what if anything we could work out. Id really like to have a 5speed again since all my other cars are automatic.

What do you have going on thurs, fri or sat?