REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I went and looked at my block today, its still in the custody of the machine shop, still waiting on my pistons/rods to do the final hone... We were able to do a mild bore to clean it up... (.020 over) The crank is in "perfect" shape, so thats great news... He said the block was in a "fantastic" shape, so that makes me happy... It looks beautiful now, and I can't wait for the final product...

I just wanted to share... Dont want you guys thinkin I've dropped this project... Times have been kinda crazy... I got my new business takin off and Im waiting on a few payments, and I can start putting money back into her... But she's coming along...

I just miss driving her... I wish I had bought another motor and built it, and then just swapped the new one in... But, the wait is only gunna make me love it even MORE!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
RPM is a mostly dumbestic car shop, Valve Tech is doing the work for me... I've had 5 sepperate people tell me to take it there, and they really impressed me, so I feel confident...

Thanks guys... Yeah, I cant wait to get this going... Its been idle for too long...

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
^^^ wuts up with all the domestic shops calling themselves RPM??? weve got one close to here in lewisville, weird stuff, they do great work and just got done building a 1,000+hp T/A (o the joys of having money to blow out your ass) i cant make fun of domestics tho considering i still build em all the time, bout to do a turbo 99 Z28

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Personally I am not biased to the domestic machine shops, most all motors share the same general "workings" though OHV configurations may be a bit tricky...or the finish on the machine work may not be to the factory specs...

Reign, NOTHING BEATS A "PERFECT" crank!

I would have to know I have a remachined crank in my motor...it just doesnt sit well with me. I would rather buy a brand new one from toyota!:icon_surp

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
lookin good so far. well, as of the 26th im off restriction from my surgery and will be allowed to pick up over 10lbs again. if you need any help wrenching on that thing just send me a pm. iirc your close to tampa.

p.s. these are the springs you need

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...5-12&N=115+4294925232+4294924497&autoview=sku

have to buy 2 sets. comes out to ~$62 for the full set of valvesprings. ill be using these springs, ferrera titanium retainers, and the 1mm os ss valves off ebay. already have the retainers and valves. springs and cams are next on the shopping list then the machine shop can cut the seats for the valves. pics of the stuff i got so far is on the cardomain page for my 84.

Last edited:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks Will... I would love some help wrenchin, but I live in FWB, up in the panhandle, a bit of a drive for you to have to come here, lol... I have OutOfStep *Bob* helping me out, he was very instrumental in removing the motor...

Yeah, Im REALLY excited, because I just started my own company, and in the first month, I've made $3500... *BUT!!! it's insurance money, so I have to wait a few weeks to get it, but, I'll be gettin it soon* Today, I had a meeting for a NICE big, but easy, job that I stand to make well over $5000 on... I went by and told the Supra, and she just started drooling and I could hear her saying: gimme all that money! GIVE IT TO ME! And I was all like: settle down, you'll get most of it! And she was like: damn right bitch! And I was like, dont be so harsh... And then she hugged me and said I was her pimp and she promised to put some Corvette ass on the dinner table when I was done, so I was like THANKS! I love Corvette ass! Can I get a side of Cobra and for desert a little slice of Viper? And she said: sure hun, sure!

WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Im CRAZY INSANE!

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
lol. yeah, my motor has a ton of blowby, so much so they wouldnt let me run at sunshine cause during the burnout it sprayed oil on the track from the crankcase vents. lol. anyway, to get a good base tune wit hthe megasquirt going on it and to try out the oil mods and such i am gonna rebuild an extra 7gte bottom end i have with some ge pistons. then reuse my 1.2mhg and arp's (and for the people that dont know yes you CAN reuse a mhg and ive done so many many times with no probs). anyway, who welded your mani up? im stil trying to find someone local to help me out with that. local places want $40-60 an hr to weld it. min of 1hr at a time. i got too much grinding needing done between steps for that. wish my buddy still had his tig, then it could be welded for free. i already got the pipe and runners. just need the cap and the tb flange, im using a 1uz tb. its 3in.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Look what I got today!
qzq1qd.jpg

qzq1sp.jpg

qzq1yr.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
You'll notice through out this thread, my cat's approve of my build, lol... I cant get a part in with out the kitty's wanting to check them out...

I tell ya the first thing I noticed about these pistons, besides the shiney bling factor: they are really light weight! Compared to the stock, you can feel the weight difference...

Justin: thanks for the pointer on these, I think they're awesome! After hearing the "rumors" about other brands that "slap" and such, I think the Wiseco's are a good choice... Hey, Justin, do you know what the compression ratio is on these? I saw somewhere that they're 9:1... But I cant remember, I looked at SO many pistons leading up to getting these... I might have been looking at NA pistons, lol...