PS3 Launch in under 2 months

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
As far as the Zelda vs FF goes, I enjoy both, I would choose FF if it came down to it but Zelda is still a great game... all of em.

Also, for the console wars, PS3 is definately gonna have the best games in the end, due to it being far superior hardware wise.... but I know Nintendo will have the best immediate fun factor games ( IE Mario Party, any other franchise game, innovative stuff ). Generally though, Nintendo does not produce games for hardcore gamers that have longivity to them ( Online ect ect ). I also enjoy Nintendo's products! Xbox... well Xbox just sucks I don't understand why people would get one...

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

(Source: IGN)

Not mentioned is the PS3's 2X Disc drive:

"Sony announced that PS3 uses a 2x BD drive, which is 72Mbits/second or 9MB/second. The Xbox360 uses a 12x DVD, which should give it about 16MB/second. That is significantly faster for games and will result in shorter load times.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I like my 360. I have funny troubles like it not wanting to display picture when turned on via the controller....

Turn on controller. Turn off console. Turn on controller. PICTURE YAY!

Ill still kick your asses in PGR3

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
" The cores really place the power in the hands of developers. The Xbox 360 has 3 running at 3.2GHz each, the PS3 has seven apparently. So theoretically the PS3 is faster, much faster, which means it can do a lot more complex things. These days complex things refer to physics calculations and graphics operations. But it's all about how to use them as the power can only be exploited by using the cores together. It's a bit like having several complex puzzles to solve with several clever people available. If you give each person one puzzle will they solve it quicker than if you give all the people one puzzle at a time? The better developers will make their code efficient, meaning theoretically better games.

The PS3 will be more complex to develop for, which might mean that the first wave of games will be better on the 360. Having said that, the PS3 line up looks a lot more impressive right now. We'll have to wait and see what Greg plays with on the floor at E3."

"PS3 can perform twice as many raw calculations per second"

"PS3 will be able to output a higher-resolution"

"Sony's machine is unique in that it offers two HD outputs, for the ultimate in multitasking. Game on one, FAQ via the Ethernet connection on the other. They don't want us to move ever again, do they? Can I have fries with that?"

60 GB vs what, 20? Sony win

Bluetooth Controlers, and 7 of them for that matter vs .... standard wireless.

"Make no mistake: the PlayStation 3 is utterly superior in graphics to the Xbox 360 from what has been shown."

Blue-Ray 50gb hd quality ... vs dvd .... boo
"Will the media storage type be a factor in the quality of the games? Since PS3 is owned by Sony and BLUray is Sony’s next high definition storage medium, the PS3 games will be stored on the BLUray discs which hold approximately 54 gigs. The Xbox 360 games will be stored on Double Layer DVDs which store 9 gigs.

Obviously the BLUray discs can store a lot more data, but at the current stage of game development, any game developed will fit just as well on the 9 gig DVDs, so this is not a major factor but one that may come into play later on."

"The XBOX uses a custom ATI processor with 48 graphics pipelines and the PS3 has a custom NVIDA graphics processor with an estimated 24 pipelines. The numbers are misleading because the PS3 piplines are more powerful than the XBOX pipelines. In the end the two different graphics processors will deliver about the same amount of power, we can expect to see impressive results from both sides."

"Both systems are clocked at 3.2 Ghz. The PS3 can handle 51-billion dot product operations per second and the Xbox can handle 33.6."

ps3 1000based nic, vs 360's 100

I can look up more on request. Multipule sorces. In the end, PS3 has far more potential. K thx bye!

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Wait Wait, I forgot to mention games. Everything Xbox has BESIDES Halo PS3 pretty much has or better, PLUS tons of other great series.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Tekken 6
Gran Turismo Visions
Warhawk
Twisted Metal
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil....

All of these are either exclusive or ps3 first. Xbox is for damn halo nut swingers who never played FPS's before and obviously dont have much comparison.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
i dont care about potential. playstation has always had the overwhelming majority of my favorite games. so that's why i keep buying their console. theres a lot of ps1 games id play over an xbox360 anyday

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
OneJoeZee said:
i dont care about potential. playstation has always had the overwhelming majority of my favorite games. so that's why i keep buying their console. theres a lot of ps1 games id play over an xbox360 anyday

true....theres so many ps1 rpg games that i would pick over an xbox 360, hell there are super nintendo games i would pick over ps3 and xbox but thats just my opinion.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
SupraOfDoom said:
so which ones have you beat?
I already said, 7, 8 and 10.
Pay attention foo!!! Like I said before also I still enjoyed playing them but each one is pretty similar that is all. Joe simply said all Zelda games are the same but if that's true then the same is for FF games also just different antagonists. Actually in each Zelda game the main character is supposed to be a different person, except in Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask.

If you do look at the games what sets them apart is the gameplay, technically all fighting games are essentially the game. Some just do it well others don't with different emphasis on styles and/or weapons.

I have all three consoles and I like them all the same.

SupraOfDoom said:
Also 360's backward compadiblity sucks... PS3 is FULLY ps2/ps1 backward compatiable.

As far as the GT4 stuff, you are able to earn money to buy cars rumor has it, so dont freak out.

Regarding that, the OS systems are different so they have to provide downloads so you can play old Xbox games. They said they will only be doing it for popular Xbox games though.

In all I will probably get a PS3 but not at launch, no game system is worth $400-600 to me. :poon: