Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

supra-b

Sep 25, 2005
west palm/fl/NYC
.................................Im speechless.................I think we're looking at the new "MK5" in progress folks! When this is all done I hope u'll make this as a whole "kit" available solely to sm members!!!:evil2: :biglaugh: :naughty: :icon_bigg

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
supra-b said:
.................................Im speechless.................I think we're looking at the new "MK5" in progress folks! When this is all done I hope u'll make this as a whole "kit" available solely to sm members!!!:evil2: :biglaugh: :naughty: :icon_bigg

LOL u wish..when he's done, he's gunna have nightmares about how much work it was :p

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
supra-b said:

LOL, yea thats gonna happen. I have been working on the body work for 6+ months now. You dont want to know how many hours are into it already:aigo: . I will be sure to do comparison pics when its done.......it will make my car look lame parked next to it:nono: , so maybe ill find a stock car to compare it to.

I just finnished the lightweight steel frame for the front bumper yesterday, and installed the side skirt. There is a ton of custom fiberglass work to make everything fit the wide fenders.

Randy@BIC

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Man, looking good you guys!!!:drool: Brad, you're going to be nervous drivin her though!:1zhelp: :biglaugh:
Can't wait to see it after paint!:icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Normally with Mk3's I say leave the body alone as they're so nice stock but I'm really liking how it's coming out :D

When I did the 240z widebody I kept the sides flat just bought them out 3" each side but had considered leaving the doors stock with bulged out fenders, in a mockup it just didn't look right but the Mk3 lends itself to that so well as the stock fenders bulge it just looks like it's been inflated to 60 psi!!

One thing I'd love to see done with this car is to keep the front air dam looking stock along with the wing and just widen them to suit so it looks classy and not ricer ;)

Brilliant work Randy really enjoying your work on this!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
91T breezen' said:
Man, looking good you guys!!!:drool: Brad, you're going to be nervous drivin her though!:1zhelp: :biglaugh:
Can't wait to see it after paint!:icon_bigg
I aggree. It's funny, before the bodywork I drove the car to its limits, ALMOST wrecklessly since I knew the body was getting redone anyway. Now I will be driving like a paranoid grandma!

IJ: The stock rear wing was my original plan. It would be cool to see your idea photoshopped!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
To be honest, at first i saw how much bodywork you guys were undertaking and just how far you were planning to take it and i was really skeptical about how this would turn out, i was expecting batmobile meets eggw/ fins but i must say. With Randy behind the work and the attention to detail and patience you guys have, Holy shit it looks good, painted and w/ final body touches i think it will look like an original toyota concept of what the widebody supra SHOULD have been.

Are you guys planning on running into any driveability issues with the Track extended like that? Keep it up guys, i especially want to see this interior.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
The car looks great, can't wait to see it finished. For all the work you did on changing the color, you should have just bought a shadow grey interior. Those parts you painted look just like my interior now.

I like how you knew what parts you wanted to make yours one of a kind, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Your supra will be one of the best.
You will have to bring it SILV someday. :)

cwd

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I agree with spinningheadboy, it looks like a grey interior...

If the paint starts wearing off, I'd replace them with shadow grey parts cause it's close and won't wear like the paint. The rest should be fine.

To anyone thinking this would be a cool kit, remember the simple fact that it's done in steel would make it impossible...

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm speechless, absolutely speechless!!!:love: :love: :love:

It is looking awesome. And I love those tail lights. You had a great vision and ran with it. I'm curious of the total build cost in the end if you wanted to share with us.