Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Poodles said:
To anyone thinking this would be a cool kit, remember the simple fact that it's done in steel would make it impossible...

Actually on the contrary...once he gets it painted it would be perfect to pull a mold from and then you could just start making parts so easy. For instance there's a guy on here that replicates authentic body kits, he could easily replicate the body panels and even do em in carbon!!! just some ideas...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I THINK it's close to a normal grey interior, but I'd have to see the parts side by side...

There are quite a few different shades in the interior as well, so swapping some choice high wear pieces with normal grey probably wouldn't hurt the overall effect...

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
becauseican said:
it will make my car look lame parked next to it:nono: , so maybe ill find a stock car to compare it to.
Randy@BIC

not gonna happen Randy your car is one of the main reason I wanna take up welding the smooth look it total sex.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Poodles said:
There are quite a few different shades in the interior as well, so swapping some choice high wear pieces with normal grey probably wouldn't hurt the overall effect...
I've thought about that too, and have so far opted to use OEM grey seat belts and window switch covers; stuff that could get chipped or scratched. Any other items that might wear through the paint fast?

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
tekdeus said:
I've thought about that too, and have so far opted to use OEM grey seat belts and window switch covers; stuff that could get chipped or scratched. Any other items that might wear through the paint fast?

Steering wheel?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
steering wheel, door handles (both the one to open the door, and the grab handles to close it), armrests....

just sit in your car (well, since it's in pieces, someone else's car) and rest your hands around where they would be and see what you'll touch. It's not a whole lot, but flaking paint looks like crap (seen a few interiors painted and when they start to peel it's....bad)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
door panel where you rest your arm, steering wheel, e brake handle, center console lid, the speaker pod (i rest my knee on it allot) door handles, switches, and the "oh shit" handles. (every passenger i have seams to have the need to fuck w/ those handles)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Tek, the car looks amazing definatley the nicest mk3 widebody if not the nicest mk3 exterior wise I've ever seen. Keep up the great work and I hope to see this car in person someday.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Rajunz said:
Tek, that thing is absolutely amazing. I've been waiting to see pics and finally came around here to look today, it's perfect dude. Can't wait to see it painted.

-Lance

I will let you know what it is like, I live about 35 minutes away from where it's at :icon_razz

Duane

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Thanks again for the approval guys! :thumbup: Venturing into uncharted territory with the Mk3 can be rather unnerving, wondering how it'll look, how it'll work out... plus I have yet to drive the car now that the framerails are full of mega-density foam..!

Making some more headway with the interior covering the inserts with suede. Finally something fun to put together for a change!
int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

Custom made water jet-cut carbon fibre gauge bezel! I'm likin' this ;)
gb2.jpg

gb.jpg

Last edited:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
IJ. said:
Tek: Yep I think the Stock look but Wide would be great :D

With the 240z people always thought something was different but couldn't pick it ;)

THATS what was different....nice.

AWESOME CAR TEKDEUS!!!!!! i love it... shit it looks cool without paint!! :icon_bigg