People's reactions when riding in your supra

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
do people ever play with your door locks, thinking that's the handle, then messing with the window switch, before finally leaning over and opening it for them..?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Oh, bummer, it's an auto.....
Are we stealing this?
Is the gas pedal stuck?
Whats wrong with the brakes?
Do you have insurance?
I think I just peed!
Can you turn that music down?
I thought just the 5speeds were fast.
Thank god for that handle on the A-pillar!

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
RazoE said:
why does it grind when you go backwards?

it's amazing what people forgive when you have the top off...
Word. Synchros are so jacked, sometimes I have trouble even getting it into R (now thats embarassing) Then when it grinds as you shift into it.....lol

And yes, taking the top off does wonders for people's opinions.

RazoE said:
do people ever play with your door locks, thinking that's the handle, then messing with the window switch, before finally leaning over and opening it for them..?

Yup. I usu give them about 20-30 seconds of me laughing before I get afraid they're going to break something on the door and just open it for them....

tookwik4u89 said:
Thank god for that handle on the A-pillar!
NOOOOO!!!! Mine's loose. I yell at people who grab it, my dad got in and put his hand thru around a corner and ripped it out. My 5'2" 90lbs friend got offended when I told her not to grab it :p

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
ChadMKIII said:
Word. Synchros are so jacked, sometimes I have trouble even getting it into R (now thats embarassing) Then when it grinds as you shift into it.....lol

haha, yeah...

i notice sometimes, i gotta let go of the clutch pedal completely, and it sounds like something dropped, then usually it'll go into reverse..

but 2 times out of 5 it'll grind like im a stick-newbie FTL:icon_frow

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
RazoE said:
haha, yeah...

i notice sometimes, i gotta let go of the clutch pedal completely, and it sounds like something dropped, then usually it'll go into reverse..

but 2 times out of 5 it'll grind like im a stick-newbie FTL:icon_frow
Yeah, a lot of times it wont even let me into R at all - I usu go back out of gear (or what I managed to get part-way into), let out the clutch and re-engage, put it into 1, then try R again. It sometimes works, sometimes takes a few tries, but usu still grinds no matter what.... I hate that cuz people look at you like "Wow, poor kid must be new at driving stick..."

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
that happened to me when i 1st got the car, while parking..

i was stuck, and some lady was trying to get out, but i couldnt go backwards (or forwards, unless i wanted to sideswipe another car), i stuck my head out and said "sorry, im just learning", man i felt embarassed, but she said "its okay" and i finally grinded it into gear and drove off, i didnt even park...

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
ChadMKIII said:

Yep, that would be because there are no synchros on reverse.

As for reactions, my personal favorite would be the look I get when I pull out a stopwatch. They look at me like WTF, and the ask me what it's for. I simply tell them that they will find out in a second, proceed to start the stopwatch and then get out of the car. Then, assuming they ever get out, they try to kick my ass for laughing at them so hard. The results are usually best when attempted at night on a dark street.:naughty:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
"dude wtf, your roof is leaking"
"whats that noise?"
"why is your speedometer so jumpy?"
"why doesnt your oil pressure gauge work?"
"does it have turbo?" ((sounds funnier when the polocks say it..."toorbo"))