People's reactions when riding in your supra

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
"Hey, your car is still running. Aren't you gonna turn it off?" - NO
"Can I drive it?" - NO
"Can you slow down?" - NO

My favorite was some kid working at a car wash..."Woah, that's the car from back to the future!" - Umm...no that would be a Delorean. This is a supra. "Supras dont look like that. Hey come check out this car" To his co-worker "It's the one from back to the future." What an idiot! He actually wanted to argue about it.

Off Topic, but funny: My friend was having problems with her sunfire and asked me if I knew what was wrong. I told her to go to the auto parts store and ask for a new flux capacitor. She came back 20 minutes later and called me every foul name possible and punched me in the arm. i really wish I could've been there when she asked for it. She told me the first guy actually took her to the service/parts counter so they could all have a good laugh before telling her she got OWNED! She won't ask me for help anymore.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
swaq said:
I get "Is it supposed to make that noise?" at the blow off valve.

Funny you mention this.

Use your own imagination for this one, but a girl argued with me that the 'funky sound' coming from my hood after I let off the gas sounded like a horse having an orgasm.

Thoughts? :naughty: (I love my TiAL). :biglaugh:

-Jeff

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
my mom has also said it looks like the back to the future car.
my dad the first time i took him for a drive, (when turbo starts spooling) hes like oh theres the turboooooooh shit!!! and then we get home hes asked how do i get out of this thing. my gf gets excited and is like do it again... i love boosting but it eats too much gas when done a lot.

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
My car is stripped down to dash and seats nothing else and as of now I'm running and open downpipe so theres no exhaust. The most comon one I get is that its rediculiously loud and it sounds like its going to take off. But most people who go for a ride love it.

Whats smoking? is a common one too.

Kevin

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I had an interesting one this , but weekend from a friend... He wasn't in the car, but we were at his place, and when he arrived home, he goes: "What's this piece of shit doing in my driveway???"

(He was just giving me shit coz he drives a MkIV... I quickly pointed out that mine is driveable, and he shut up ;))

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
"my ears are going to explode"-massive subwoofers.....
"so thats what rubber smells like"
"isnt that called drifting?" haha
"you better hope you can stop this thing"

just a few...... oh and HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET OUT?!?!?!? lolz:aigo:

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
yah i had my car for a day(not even running yet) and someone already asked how to get out and is this car going to be drifting when it runs

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
"HOLY CRAP"! (...or OTHER "four letter" words...:biglaugh: )

...and... "WHERE IS THE RADIO"?

-OR-

"Your car reminds me of KNIGHT-RIDER"!

p707333_1.jpg

also... "WHAT IF A TIRE BLOWS OUT AT OVER 140mph"?!:aigo:

p707333_2.jpg

...many others...:naughty:

-crisp

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
OfnaRcR4 said:
I hate it when people ask me what year my car is and i reluctantly tell them its and 89..

Why? be proud.

I proudly tell people my car is a 92 when they ask what year Supra.

If they're the kind that says "oh......" well I don't give a shit about what they think anyway.

casing

Jun 15, 2006
ottwa
theres a guy at my work witha buick gs with a 462. He kept saying, "ill show u what real torqe is, blah blah Ill show u real power" I told him the supies arew all about torqe and had 250 ft-lbs stock. so anyway he took me out in his GS and left huge patches, put me back in my seat all that good stuff. Then says, "I bet your toyota can't do that".. So i took him out in my 88T runnin around 16 psi.

All im gonna say is he has alot more respect for what he calls "rice rockets"