noredline

Yeah, I'd stands on that.
Sep 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
"do it again do it again"....when I shift
"is this a twin turbo"...I want to smack everyone that says that
"where the fuck did they put the door panel"....just like everyone else on here
"why don't you ever crank your stereo"...cause I want to hear the damn car..err
"my camaro could beat this"...5 seconds later "ohhh fuck well it would be close you have did admit that"...always said by my roomate jesse
"lets take the top off"
"lets take your car"
"does it pass emissions"....as of 12/26 it did....WOOHOOO

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
johnathan1 said:
Sometimes mine goes into R perfectl, sometimes it won't go in without a battle, and sometimes it grinds like crazy...i guess it depends on how the Supra is feeling that day...:D

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to. I try to avoid using reverse whenever possible, haha. I hate it cause the Supra always grinds at the worst time... like right after someone gives me a compliment about it.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
lol, i once had 3 passengers in my car (not including myself), most of them weighing around ~200, all complaining how small it was in the back, and the crappy ride (compared to their lexus's and mercedes). a pretty fixed up crx pulled up to us and rev'd his engine a few times, i looked over and did the same, the light turned green and we went at it, he beat me off the line, but after i got into the the middle of 2nd i think i was up to him, and after that i was gone.. pretty cool, but i'm not sure if the guy was on full throttle though, the weight of my car had to be around 4200lbs

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Most of my friends roll either Skylines, MKIV's or Silvia's that are faster then my GA70. So most of them are the least bit impressed:( Except by my mad tyte driving skillz yo!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
:door opens, passenger gets in, buckles up. i get in, buckle up, smile:

1'st- holy SHIT. 2nd HOOOOLY SHIT! 3'rd HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! 4th- HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

-shaeff

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
Usually something like this .......... rolling start in 4th gear going like 30mph @2000rpms (I do this on purpose to build the anticipation)..... I floor it ....... "This isn't that fast" .... "Wait whats that noise?" .... "Aahhhhh!!!! slow down damn it!!!" .... "How do I get out of this stupid car???"

;)

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
dirgle said:
Yep, that would be because there are no synchros on reverse.

As for reactions, my personal favorite would be the look I get when I pull out a stopwatch. They look at me like WTF, and the ask me what it's for. I simply tell them that they will find out in a second, proceed to start the stopwatch and then get out of the car. Then, assuming they ever get out, they try to kick my ass for laughing at them so hard. The results are usually best when attempted at night on a dark street.:naughty:
Hold up, so do they all do that? Or is there some trick I'm missing...

And I can't WAIT to try that on the next person who rides in my car that hasn't learned it yet. Swweeeeettt. I might even try it on my parents, who STILL haven't got it figured out.....

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
born2drv said:
Usually something like this .......... rolling start in 4th gear going like 30mph @2000rpms (I do this on purpose to build the anticipation)..... I floor it ....... "This isn't that fast" .... "Wait whats that noise?" .... "Aahhhhh!!!! slow down damn it!!!" .... "How do I get out of this stupid car???"

;)

your goddamn talk wants me to have tooooorbooo tooo:cry: :cry: :cry: gotta reeeeallly think about NA-T

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Whats the sport button do?
Why does it stay flat when you take a turn?
Are you going to slow down? (right before I take some of our wild turns on some mountain roads)
I have never felt G forces before until just now.
(muscle car guys have said this) This is the only acceptable import I have ever ridden in.
Loud screams. (from the ladies)
I never had anyone complain about not finding the door handle - but I can see where people have found it hard to find. - I see my passenger searching for it, and they eventually get to it, but none have ever spoke up about it.

My absolute favorite is this - 110 feels like 70 I didn't know that we were going THAT fast - DAMN.

wadadlidp

Wicket!
May 19, 2006
MARYLAND
oliver, that's really funny

oscolivar1 said:
1 damn its slow......
2 whats that sound
3 whats that smell.
4 why is your car jerking when u accelerate.
5 make that sound again!!
6 How the HELL DO I GET OUT!
7 why are there so many gagues?
8 how come i weigh 100 & 5'5 and i have feel like there is no room to move back here.
9 WTF is this yellow smoke coming in the vents.

my replies:
1 its stock and weighs 3600lbs
2. something is leaking.
3 POWER BITCH!!!
4 so it can move.
5 ill just whistle for you.
6 GO GO gadget DOOR HANDLE
7 to drive w/o looking at the road.
8 suppose to be a 2 seater.
9 sleep gas...( my heater core blew)

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Turbo spool and BOV never gets old.
A friend was asking how to get out and ripped out the lock bezel midsentence Grrr!
As for reverse, I have the best luck when the rpms are about 650
-Dave

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
ChadMKIII said:
Hold up, so do they all do that? Or is there some trick I'm missing...

You got it ;)

1st through 5th gear use constant-mesh synchros, which is what most people have come to know as standard synchros. Reverse utilitizes a sliding-mesh synchronization, which is what most people consider as having no synchros at all. Many transmissions of this era were like this.