People's reactions when riding in your supra

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
ForcedTorque said:
^Anbody ever why they call our cars wide body? Check out RHDMK3's avatar. I have never seen one of those before. That's cool! What does your car weigh?

My car is actually a wide body model. The widebody 2.0 GT TT chassis code is GA70H which is what mine is. I just found that pic on yahoo images and thought it'd be cool to have as an avatar. My car weighs about 1490 g's. I am not sure what that is in pounds though. I've actually seen one in person and it looks kinda goofy compared to the widebody models. I at first thought that is was a GZ20 Soarer with a Supra front end on it...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yeah, i think the pic you have is a soarer with a supra front, seeing as the narrow-body models (1G's) look identical to any other supra, minus the flared fenders..

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
RazoE said:
so how do we get into reverse without looking/sounding like a noob?
Get the car rolling just a bit, if putting it in first gear doesn't let you into reverse. My 1st and R are both kinda hard to get into when it's cold, but 1st is easier, and even just a little roll is enough to let me in 99% of the time.

Anyways, as far as reactions, this one's my favorite:

"LET ME OUT LET ME OUT LET ME OUT!!!" As I drift around the drive-thru at Wendy's...

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
RazoE said:
yeah, i think the pic you have is a soarer with a supra front, seeing as the narrow-body models (1G's) look identical to any other supra, minus the flared fenders..

It's actually not. It's a real Supra. You can tell by the roofline and the profile of the rear trunk. The GZ20 has a steeper rear window angle then the A70.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
RazoE said:
looks more like a supra coupe, though..

concept?

It maybe a photo of the concpet back in '85. I've never seen that color combo on any MK3 before. Maybe if they came out with that color combo maroon wouldnt be so FTL?!!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
On the W58, 5th gear is your best bet. Slide it into 5th and then move quickly and directly in to reverse.

On the R154, 2nd gear, as stated earlier, is the closes to reverse and most likely to get it spinning up.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Transmission: I almost always do 1st before R, still grinds a lot. I'll try the 2nd before R see how that works. Maybe even Kyle's 1-2-R.

Avatar: No, I'm sure that's not a Supra. No B-Pillar. Could be a concept I suppose.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
ga70supracoupegy2.jpg

yeah, definitely looks like a photoshop, rear looks "painted" on...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
dirgle said:
On the W58, 5th gear is your best bet. Slide it into 5th and then move quickly and directly in to reverse.

On the R154, 2nd gear, as stated earlier, is the closes to reverse and most likely to get it spinning up.

oh, ill try the 5th thing, since i'm w58..

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
RazoE said:
ga70supracoupegy2.jpg

yeah, definitely looks like a photoshop, rear looks "painted" on...

You know now that I look at it in an actually clear image, it's totally obvious that that's a coupe.That's definitely not a GZ20 Soarer with an MK3 front end on it though. Regardless the narrowbody Supra's still look funny compared to the widebody Supra's. Especially from a rear angle.