Own a TSRM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I use online and the books at toyota if needed..

Whats an ewd.. Electric wiring diagram? isn't that in the back of the tsrm?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
free from the internetz, if they had a 1st gen 1jz-gte manual in english i would buy that (after checking it out online first)

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Have the factory "87" TRSM and the owners manual as well as the Haynes
however, I will still print out a few pages from online to use while doing a specific project on the car to save wear and tear on the manual.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I will be soon, I never really used the TSRM online. I always used the small break down hays manual, but today I was looking for something and it wasn't in there. So I got pretty pissed off and now I'm going to by a TSRM just because of that.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I'm not so worried about the company staying afloat, I just want to know that they'll continue making their manuals available.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
90 TSRM paperback from Toyota, I also have a 90 TSRM CD-ROM that the old owner had.

Got the TSRM within a week of owning the car. :)

My laptop is worth about a grand and I wasn't about to take the chance of getting it greased up while searching through.

*edit, also have the original owners manual, 1990 Toyota merchandise brochure, 1990 Toyota vehicle supplement guide(Not specific to supras) and finally the original Window sticker as well as original sales receipt. :) :) :)

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
CRE said:
I'm not so worried about the company staying afloat, I just want to know that they'll continue making their manuals available.

I hear ya. I didn't mean any disrespect. I'm just sick of being ignored or blown off by the local Toyota dealers because I have an "old car". I'm sure as long as people are willing to pay the inflated price for their manual, Toyota will keep printing them (at a handsome profit).

You'd think that they could show a little more effort, even if MKiii's are 20 years old.

These were expensive cars when new, and they certainly didn't mind getting big bucks for them back then, but now if you need something a little hard to get, you get the bum's rush.

Hell, they never officially copped to the BHG situation, and that was clearly a factory defect.

Maybe it's better in some places, but in Los Angeles area, this is the way it is more times than not.

I blame Toyota Corporate. Shit rolls downhill. Still, it's a great car, just lousey factory and dealer support

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Just because you bought someone's product does not give you the right to sell/steal their copywrited material. We are very lucky that they have allowed the online version remain. Don't think they couldn't shut it down if they want. GM service manuals were posted at one time, but has since been shut down.

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
isnms said:
Just because you bought someone's product does not give you the right to sell/steel their copywrited material. We are very lucky that they have allowed the online version remain. Don't think they couldn't shut it down if they want. GM service manuals were posted at one time, but has since been shut down.

The only reason they don't shut it down is because toyota doesn't give 2 shits for the mark I,II,III, if they did, they would be giving the TSRMs away or they would host the TSRM on their site. I'm a massive pirate, and I'm proud of it. Big corperations have been pissing on the little guy for to damn long, they use other peoples labor to make a buck. I'm not saying Toyota does this, but if I buy a 30-40k car, I want it to come with some instructions, even if its preassembled.
To print off this material in black and white takes them all of 15seconds and 3$ worth of ink and paper. To sell it to me for 20-25$ I'm cool with that, but 55-60 for it. I don't think so. Royalties or not, some things should be free, don't get me going with the free loaders though, I can't stand those assholes.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
D34DC311 said:
...I'm a massive pirate, and I'm proud of it...

D34DC311 said:
...don't get me going with the free loaders though, I can't stand those assholes.
:confused:

The actual printing of the manual is not what you are paying for. The engineering and intellectual knowledge that went into producing the product, the whole product, is what you are paying for. You don't have the right to determine anything about how they decide to market it. Don't buy their product if you don't like their price structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.