Owns a TSRM

Own a TSRM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Where's the "freeload the online version but doesn't need to be hand held for the 87 because the differences aren't rocket science" option?

I do keep thinking about picking up the complete set, but haven't had a need for it so far. I've got the haynes manual, and it covers all the detailed stuff I'd want to review like torque specs. Sure it's not year or even generation specific, and skips a lot of the nitty gritty install and removal procedure details the TSRM has, but it's pretty cheap and covers everything the average person needs. I wouldn't trust a beginner to rebuild an engine with it, but a couple of years of shade tree wrenching more than makes up for the missing pieces.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I use the online TSRM and EPC's (dealer peeps love me, I walk in with part numbers).

I have a Haynes manual, but VERY rarely use it (stopped using it when I read the procedure for valvecover seals... tighten until snug isn't exactly the proper torque spec)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I'm about ready to order another one... over the past two years mine has gotten trashed. I'll keep that one for the garage work and get a nice pretty one for my desk. :D

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Clip said:
bought all 4 books for the 89, haven't looked back.
Same, I believe they ran about $150 shipped from Jay Marks (Champion). I had previously downloaded and printed out EVERY page of the online TSRM(except a few sections I'd never use) and put it in a a few binders. Took a very long time to do.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I just have an $80 "shop" laptop, doesn't really matter what happens to it.

It also goes in the car for datalogging instead of my expensive macbook pro.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Get your TSRM and all OEM parts - Champion Toyota Gulf Freeway Houston Texas ask for Jeff Watson - 1-800-327-2087 - best price for new OEM parts.

I'm glad there were some takers on the third option :D

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Made the dealer through both books in with the car. It and the EWD are pretty beat these days, the EWD mostly from helping out here. I have far more money is other books collected over the years. One of my TCCS hardcover reference works alone cost $175.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I use my chilton book.

Sometimes I'll use the online version to post links to answers for questions people ask.

I used to walk into the dealership and they'd print up all the pages I needed for the work I was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.