maftpro is working

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
You need to visit the shopping cart at maftpro.com and see how the prices are. OR just find tha parts you need there and ask Dr.Jones. If you can find a unit second hand You should jump on it.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
drjonez said:
no reposting, just posting good stuff! ;)

seriously, 4.80 has A LOT of content added. we're working on full documentation....though that will be after the holidays.
What has been added. I d/l it but haven't installed it yet since my car is ooc until I get my dashboard back together this week.

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
So installing the pro and running speed density is it basically just plug,play, and tune. Or do i first before i install it do i need to install some software.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
it's probably a good idea to verifiy what version of SW is on the MAFT pro when you receive it. update to 4.80, and then have at it.

depending on your setup, you may need to play w/the enrichment settings to get throttle tip in exactly where you want it.

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
Ok and also sense im doing the maft im also redoing all my ic piping and obviously taking out my AFM with the hose and replacing it with a small 45 degree pipe. Now my question is, there is three hoses plus a vacuum line that go to it. Small vacuum looks to come from power steering or something, second comes from TB, third comes from 3000 pipe, and fourth comes from some sensor that seems to hold water in it that is attached to the intake manifold. I want to remove all these but dont no if it is safe. I heard that it is safe bubt also heard that its not and will cause your engine to run hot. So if its not safe is there something else i can do with these vacuume and breather hoses. I seen some of these guys pictures shows some sort of box that all of the vacuums are going to.....

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
the vacuum on the bottom is the power steering idle up, you dont really need that.
the 3 hoses are stock bypass valve, pcv system and isc. As long as you got a bov or something u can get ride of the bypass valve. Isc can go and put a filter on it. But the pcv ive been told to reroute it back to pre turbo so its a complete system.

p.s-hope this makes sense as i am on pain killers

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
drjonez said:
yups. but it's not officially released yet....will be once my car is back on the road...
alright, thanks. anything else that will be needed when that's released? or just a software upgrade? I'm almost ready to start my car on the speed/density maftpro setup! woohoo