maftpro is working

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
C.44 said:
FINALLY, i've read all 18 pages (yes a mere 18 here ;)) and i still have a car specific question. I'm in the proces of getting my 88T up and running. Other then my RC550's, SP61GT@9psi and a 3 - 3.5" DP (approx ;)) my car/engine is stock (yes a stock non metal HG too). I have a Lexus AFM but it's not installed yet. Engine isn't even running yet.

Now i've been told before to get a Walbro, FPR of some kind and SAFC. Now i just hate the flashy looks of the HKS stuff since i think it doesn't mix with the supra's interior.

Anyway, my question. I will purchase a Walbro pump and a MAF-T Pro with boostcontrol and Wideband going for a speed density setup. But do i still have to get a FPR or would that be redundant ? I'm sure i will be upping the boostpressure to about 15 or so but not anytime soon (need to break it in first).

Any insight ? Need to get my shopping list complete ;)

i don't see anything wrong w/an AFPR. personally, i like to have as many tuning parameters as possible. think of fuel press as a global AF scalar- increase pressure to richen it up, decrease to lean it out. since i like to minimize AFM corrections, i try to get as close as possible with FP and then fine tune via AFM scaling (i.e. MAFT pro, SAFC, etc.). if you do get an AFPR, be sure to get rid of the J block return restriction.

i can actually source all those parts for you (MAFT pro, walbro, WB, AFPR), if you like. drop me a line....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
brickwall.gif

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
P0 is what the unit is programmed for.

I could implement P4, but everyone wants me to stop changing things and make an official release......

Set it for P0 for now and get things running.

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Matce said:
damn ... so i need the stock lambda-sensor too for the stock ecu? ... damn... i would definitely be down for implementing P4 ;)

yes. w/the AEM set to 0-5V, you'll need a NB sensor for the stock ECU.

realize that there is a lot more resolution in a 0-5V output than a 0-1V output, so it's to your advantage to use it for tuning. this is a good example of why the LC-1 is a better option- it has 2 outputs.

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
turbobob said:
figuring on 3 settings..........

1 - launching on the 2-step.
2- shifting with foot-on-floor ("NLTS")
3 - protection for you N2O guys, never hit Fuel Cut with N2O spraying (or alky)

Where would you guys set #2?????

Bob
so anything happen with the 2-step?

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
drjonez said:
yes. w/the AEM set to 0-5V, you'll need a NB sensor for the stock ECU.

realize that there is a lot more resolution in a 0-5V output than a 0-1V output, so it's to your advantage to use it for tuning. this is a good example of why the LC-1 is a better option- it has 2 outputs.

since you say this would you say to use the lc-1 to replace the stock o2 sensor, and just run one sensor?

that way it's tunning off one source?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The Zeitronix ZT-2 has both a wide band AND a narrow band output I have been using to delete the stock o2 sensor since I first got the origional Maft and then the Maft Pro. It works great, the narrow band output goes to the ecu and the wide band output goes to the Maft Pro.
The ZT-2 has awesome software included for data logging also, I think it's the best wide band for the money.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Supraboostin said:
so anything happen with the 2-step?

not at the moment.

pimptrizkit said:
since you say this would you say to use the lc-1 to replace the stock o2 sensor, and just run one sensor?

that way it's tunning off one source?

the LC-1 has 2 completely programmable outputs, simply program one of them for the std. NB output.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Just wanted to let those of you without a laptop know that you can cut down the motherboard connector from an old ATX power supply to make a spare connector to power your Maft Pro with when you need to update it.

This makes it a bit easier to update your software with your desktop computer, and also gives you a boost harness connector (although without the latching clip it may be inadviseable).

h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg

I think this is self explanatory enough. The one thing to note is that you do need to cut off the latching clip from the connector.

Last edited:

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
OK, I read everything. What exactly is the total cost of the speed density unit with boost control?

Last edited: