maftpro is working

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
quick questions-does the maftpro have a aux trigger so i can activate my meth kit with this unit, and does the throttle display show % throttle like the afc(0-100%), or does it show voltage of the tps (.4-4.7v)?

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
Hey Bob and Dr.Jonez. What do you think about making a small feature so it
CAN do wideband tuning on its own, you just do a few runs, it tells you the
output, and you just "save" the corrections to default. Then it uses the
default values and if wideband tracking is re-enabled, it would not go leaner
than a certain point, thus providing a failsafe for tuning that everyone is saying
they want.

Jeff

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
polobai said:
quick questions-does the maftpro have a aux trigger so i can activate my meth kit with this unit, and does the throttle display show % throttle like the afc(0-100%), or does it show voltage of the tps (.4-4.7v)?

no aux out, only aux in.

TPS is displayed as a V.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jtamulis said:
Hey Bob and Dr.Jonez. What do you think about making a small feature so it
CAN do wideband tuning on its own, you just do a few runs, it tells you the
output, and you just "save" the corrections to default. Then it uses the
default values and if wideband tracking is re-enabled, it would not go leaner
than a certain point, thus providing a failsafe for tuning that everyone is saying
they want.

Jeff

i suppose that could be done, but why? you can do it- simply log CF!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
drjonez said:
...here are the currently supported WBs:

-innovate LC-1
-innovate LM-1
-AEM
-tech edge
-zietronix ZT2
-dynojet WB commander

while PLX is not explicited supported, it's factors may be similar to some of the above....if they're not it shouldn't be too big a deal to get it added...

same applies to any other WBs....

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Got back from the dyno............

At 11 psi I hit 345whp and 354 tq

We ended up stopping because I need to change My spark plug gap From .31 to .25
Now I need to swap injectors.... And fix a few little problems and then I will go back and push more boost !!!!!

MAFT Pro is working....thanks everyone

Last edited:

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
jkbmkiii said:

Now I need to swap injectors.... And fix a few little problems and then I will go back and push more boost !!!!!

MAFT Pro is working....thanks everyone[/QU

How did you fix the problem you were having?

Installing mine this week.

Wayne

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
NJsupraA70 said:
If you stick a 2.2k resistor between THA and E2 on the afm connector it will get rid of your code 24 when using the maftpro. I got the idea from a vpc diagram somebody made. Bob had me originally do this at the harness, but this is easier. just figured I would share.:)
can you give me more info on this mod? i have a maftpro with 4.40 and i still get code 24 and 32.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
drjonez said:
the pink wire doesn't matter, both B1+_ and B+ tie back to the EFI main relay....

i would probably use the power grounds (E01, E02) instead of E1 (computer ground).
im sorry for this but could u explain why u would change that choice to the different ground? to be honest im seeing alot of different install info.. someone puts the pink wire there while the other guy puts the pink wire there and now you say that u would probably use the (E01,E02) instead of the E1.. not that u cant do your own thing but it would be nicer to have one way of wiring the main wires so we can all be on the same page.. :icon_bigg

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
jkbmkiii said:

MAFT Pro is working....thanks everyone
i am having the same problems with the code 24 and 32.. what did u do to fix the problem? assuming u did fix them? thanks

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
im getting two different answers about this concern. on the wiring instructions the brown wire goes to THA on the engine harness and the word splice is used.. to summarize "splice the brown wire into the ecu side of the wire" does that mean to cut the THA wire on the harness in half and connect the end of the brown wire to the end of the THA wire that leads to the ecu while just leaving the other end of the ecu wire(going back to the engine side) not connected to anything like the KS wire?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
code 24 is the air temp sensor in the AFM. chances are the MAFT pro's output of intake temp to the ECU isn't getting there fast enough. we may look into the resistor fix if need be....

code 32 shouldn't be there (unless you made some wiring mistakes). is anyone else seeing code 32?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
atlpd3147 said:
im getting two different answers about this concern. on the wiring instructions the brown wire goes to THA on the engine harness and the word splice is used.. to summarize "splice the brown wire into the ecu side of the wire" does that mean to cut the THA wire on the harness in half and connect the end of the brown wire to the end of the THA wire that leads to the ecu while just leaving the other end of the ecu wire(going back to the engine side) not connected to anything like the KS wire?

splice = tap into.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
You guys that are using the Innovative LC-1 W/B, are you using analog output 2 for your maf pro W/B input signal.

Wondering do you need to re-program the output in the LM Programmer software.

Wayne