maftpro is working

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I would but this car is my DD, so that much down time would be a bit of a problem for me.

Oh well, I always still have the SAFC to fall back on.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
i have an 89 and didn't fo the hac mod. as long asa you don't live up in the mountains you'll be fine.. it's really not a big deal. my car runs awsome ( better than the lex could ever do)

Travisimo

I need a job
Apr 9, 2005
Sonoma, California
Do you think for $600 I could go from 100% stock ecu and electronics to running tuned in blow through? That would include all sensors, connections and dyno time/tune. I was thinking of getting an MAF-T, but if I'm considering going to a more tuned system and BC in the future, I may as well go all the way now. It's just that this is my bi-weekly paycheck minus gas, so I want to get the most for my money.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
I thought that the maft pro would resolve the FCO issue due to the absense of the so restrictive AFM :icon_conf . But now I realise that the timing issue is still there. So how can one overcome this Figgie? Any ideas? :dunno:

the MAFTpro does (OK fine, WILL w/the next SW release...) resolve the FCO issue- it has a built in FCD (you can cap the KV freq that is output to the AFM). but realize this introduces another whole animal....

Last edited:

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
malloynx said:
i have an 89 and didn't fo the hac mod. as long asa you don't live up in the mountains you'll be fine.. it's really not a big deal. my car runs awsome ( better than the lex could ever do)

Actually living in the mountains is not a big deal. Its only an issue if you drive up or down a mountain more than a few thousand feet. Closed Loop would handle most of the change anyway. The HAC mod is only needed by the minority.

Bob

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
the MAFTpro does (OK fine, WILL w/the next SW release...) resolve the FCO issue- it has a built in FCD (you can cap the KV freq that is output to the AFM). but realize this introduces another whole animal....

Well ideally it would be better if we retain the fuel cut and still be able to transfer it to higher pressure rather than eliminating it. Is there a provision for such thing with the maft-pro?

PS. Glad you like this Doc, that's such a reassurance and I believe I speak for all of us that wanna have a go with this new product. :bigthumb:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Well ideally it would be better if we retain the fuel cut and still be able to transfer it to higher pressure rather than eliminating it. Is there a provision for such thing with the maft-pro?

my thoughts exactly. happily, this is just a software change away and i believe it's on the to-do list.... =)

yannis-supras said:
PS. Glad you like this Doc, that's such a reassurance and I believe I speak for all of us that wanna have a go with this new product. :bigthumb:

heh. thanks man. i've been helping bob out with some development work on the pro and it's been really fun to see the flexibility of the pro- it's something you could really "grow" into- spend the $399 and get just the base unit and you have a the same thing as a SAFC, with datalogging, etc. later when you want, you could use it for a MAF conversion (do blow-thru, etc.) or you could go MAP or you could add boost control or you could add a wideband and let it tune itself via A/F feedback all the time....the list goes on. currently there is no better performance value out there.

BTW- i am now able to sell the MAFTpro and MAFT, along with all other fullthrottlespeed parts. drop me a line if you want anything. ;)

keep the questions coming, etc. i'll be posting a large FAQ type thread eventually....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
BTW- i am now able to sell the MAFTpro and MAFT, along with all other fullthrottlespeed parts. drop me a line if you want anything. ;)

So are you their distributor or something? I have already spoke with Bob and tried to make contact with the FullThrottleSpeed people in order to make arrangements for the purchase of the unit and its peripherals but there was a slight problem with international orders through their site. Will it be ok if I'd buy the stuff from you since I have spoken with them already? I wouldn't like to cause any misunderstandings here and I'd still like to be able to contact FullThrottleSpeed for software updates etc. If all that is ok then I'd be happy to deal with you.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
So are you their distributor or something? I have already spoke with Bob and tried to make contact with the FullThrottleSpeed people in order to make arrangements for the purchase of the unit and its peripherals but there was a slight problem with international orders through their site. Will it be ok if I'd buy the stuff from you since I have spoken with them already? I wouldn't like to cause any misunderstandings here and I'd still like to be able to contact FullThrottleSpeed for software updates etc. If all that is ok then I'd be happy to deal with you.

they have allowed me to distribute due to my help w/development. they're a very cool bunch of guys, just normal guys that love cars.

double check w/them, but i'm fine helping you out where i can. just LMK....

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
how about some dev. pix?

side.jpg

inside.jpg

outside.jpg

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Idealsupra said:
eh....for that much money id still say spending the extra 100 and getting the mapecu is a better choice.... :nono:

why?

does the MAP ECU control boost?

does the MAP ECU correct for temperature?

does the MAP ECU have a keypad to make quick changes with?

does the MAP ECU have wideband input and control of mixture?

the answer is no on all accounts....

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
This product sounds like a good bang for the buck.

I have a question. Will this work with n/a electronics.Better yet how will this work na-t using n/a electronics. So instead of swaping ecu's, wiring harnesses ect,ect.Would this be able to tune a na-t car on na electronics instead of switchin everything over plus wiring this unit.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
drjonez said:
) or you could go MAP or you could add boost control or you could add a wideband and let it tune itself via A/F feedback all the time....

wow...

So you could set it to keep a certain A/F ratio and it would do all the adjustments itself to maintain it?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
isnms said:
...But what's even better, you're posting here again :)

eh, i'm just posting to help support the MAFTpro and better explain it....

Fuzz420 said:
This product sounds like a good bang for the buck.

I have a question. Will this work with n/a electronics.Better yet how will this work na-t using n/a electronics. So instead of swaping ecu's, wiring harnesses ect,ect.Would this be able to tune a na-t car on na electronics instead of switchin everything over plus wiring this unit.

that is a dang good question, i'll look into it. off the top of my head i don't think it can handle flap-style AFMs, but i certainly could be wrong.

outofstep said:
wow...

So you could set it to keep a certain A/F ratio and it would do all the adjustments itself to maintain it?

yeeeps. you tell it i want you to maintain XX and do it XX fast and it will do it. it works quite well. funny story- a turbo buick owner was using it and couldn't figure out why it was pulling so much fuel.....turns out he still had alky injection on, the A/F tracking didn't skip a beat, it compensated for it.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
drjonez said:
yeeeps. you tell it i want you to maintain XX and do it XX fast and it will do it. it works quite well. funny story- a turbo buick owner was using it and couldn't figure out why it was pulling so much fuel.....turns out he still had alky injection on, the A/F tracking didn't skip a beat, it compensated for it.

Okay, I'm sold.

Actualy, how long does it take to do this? As in will you need to take a run or two if you throw in some racegas and crank the boost or will it do it on the fly? Throw in the gas, crank it and you're good?

Does it also have a cruise mod option? Say you're on the highway and want it to run hela leave while you're just cruising? Can it do that without much trouble. Like toggle between your presets?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
outofstep said:
Okay, I'm sold.

Actualy, how long does it take to do this? As in will you need to take a run or two if you throw in some racegas and crank the boost or will it do it on the fly? Throw in the gas, crank it and you're good?

Does it also have a cruise mod option? Say you're on the highway and want it to run hela leave while you're just cruising? Can it do that without much trouble. Like toggle between your presets?

it's done completely on the fly, no runs necessary. just punch in target A/F and have @ it....

no cruise mode, but we might be able to fit it in....you could easily just change the A/F target when you're cruising.