maftpro is working

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
yannis-supras said:
Ok Doc I know that it has taken much longer than I expected but I'll be soon ready to purchase the maft pro, maybe even next week. I will be buying a wideband o2 sensor too and after having double checked with Bob I know that the Zeitronix unit will be compatible. My question is if you actually sell the Zeitronix ZT2 with the LCD unit? Or if you don't who would you recommend?

I bought mine straight from zeitronix. I had a great experience with them. i think its just www.zeitronix.com, but if you cant find it then just google it. BTW i know i'm going to regret not going maft pro when they have support for the zeitronix wideband:nono:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
hottscennessey said:
I bought mine straight from zeitronix. I had a great experience with them. i think its just www.zeitronix.com, but if you cant find it then just google it. BTW i know i'm going to regret not going maft pro when they have support for the zeitronix wideband:nono:

Thanks a lot for the info, I was aware of their site. I just thought it would be easier for me if Dr Jonez sell these as well. Just get everything from the same source and save some hassle of more international shipping you know.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
drjonez said:
boost solenoid is $70:

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/it...1B-A6FF-C471FF89EDCC}~ic~050highboost~Tp~.htm

the next revision of the software will have an adjustable AFM signal out clamp to use as a FCD if you so desire.

yup, you can use other sensors provided we have the factors for them. personally, i'd stick w/the GM stuff since it's dirt cheap....
Adam
I noticed that there is a different GM boost control solenoid for $18 Is there any reason why that one wouldn't work over the $70 for one from FSPS?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Ok Doc I know that it has taken much longer than I expected but I'll be soon ready to purchase the maft pro, maybe even next week. I will be buying a wideband o2 sensor too and after having double checked with Bob I know that the Zeitronix unit will be compatible. My question is if you actually sell the Zeitronix ZT2 with the LCD unit? Or if you don't who would you recommend?

it's not a problem man, just LMK when you're ready.

sorry, i don't sell the zeitronix stuff. i only have access to what fullthrottlespeed.com sells, i.e. innovative stuff.

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
dr jones, could you pm me a quote for the maftpro and everything to run speed density? the maftpro, iat sensor, map sensor, and harness shipped to 94566. i should be purchasing this unit in a couple of weeks and need a total to shoot for. the wideband is coming in for christmas :)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
T34418L3ONE said:
dr jones, could you pm me a quote for the maftpro and everything to run speed density? the maftpro, iat sensor, map sensor, and harness shipped to 94566. i should be purchasing this unit in a couple of weeks and need a total to shoot for. the wideband is coming in for christmas :)

sent!

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
T34418L3ONE said:
Hey Adam could you pm me a quote for the same package as well please. I've pm'ed you my full address details. Don't forget to include the weight of my ecu in that quote :icon_wink

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Hey Adam could you pm me a quote for the same package as well please. I've pm'ed you my full address details. Don't forget to include the weight of my ecu in that quote :icon_wink

i'm currently on vacation. i will take care of this as soon as i'm back.

thanks!

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
So there is actually an end to this thread.

I have been looking at the aem but i am afraid of its complexity. When the pro gets timing control i see no need for any other device.

I would also like to have the quote for the whole package with all the sensors. Doc please email me one to

halsupramk3@bellsouth.net

I tried to bypass the o2 heater sensor on my 90T also. I put i think a 3 ohm resistor (3 1 ohm resistors) to fool the oem ecu. It worked for a long time but i think i burned out something in the ecu as it thru a code 21 which is for 02 failure or o2 heater failure. I had to buy another ecu. Cant tell if my resistor cheat blew it or not.

Questions for DrJonez after vacation.

What can be done or how is this problem addressed in instalation or programming for 89+ mk3s to fix 02 sensor and heater codes? I do think if there is a code 21 timing is pulled and other values are used to guestimate fuel.

What is the largest injectors that can be run with this device? I think the TCCS has a minimum injector duty of 3% which is one reason piggybacks can not get the large injectors (700cc etc) to idle properly. The pulse is not short enough for the larger injectors. How is this controlled to make proper idle with large injectors?

I have a blitz spec R EBC. Can i keep this for boost control or will the pro with the actuator do it as good for me and be easier to control boost by itself?

Thanks for your continued support for the mk3 crowd.

Hal

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
I've got kind of a general noobish question, but its related to the MAFT Pro, so I thought I'd post it here. Apologies if it's the wrong forum.

How much does one need to know about tuning to tune a MAFT Pro?
I'm very new to car mechanics - I've just learnt a whole bunch about how the Supra works by giving my 7M-GTE an engine rebuild, but I'd still love to learn how to tune it.

My plans are to get a MAFT Pro + MAP sensor + boost controller + wideband O2 sensor and install it on the car.

Does anyone know of any good resources/books that I could read to get the necessary information on tuning an engine? What all the readouts mean and what values I should be aiming for?

Sure, I could pay someone to tune it for me, but isn't part of owning a Supra knowing how to work with it yourself? :)

Thanks for any tips.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
toml said:
I've got kind of a general noobish question, but its related to the MAFT Pro, so I thought I'd post it here. Apologies if it's the wrong forum.

How much does one need to know about tuning to tune a MAFT Pro?
I'm very new to car mechanics - I've just learnt a whole bunch about how the Supra works by giving my 7M-GTE an engine rebuild, but I'd still love to learn how to tune it.

heh. if you don't know what you're doing, DON'T DO IT. you can easliy fry your engine with ANY "tuning" device. if you don't understand how they work and how tuning works, it's best left to a pro. most shops will let you watch them work, which is a fine oppurtunity to learn.

toml said:
Does anyone know of any good resources/books that I could read to get the necessary information on tuning an engine? What all the readouts mean and what values I should be aiming for?

just search here, on SF and on the net. TONS of info...

toml said:
Sure, I could pay someone to tune it for me, but isn't part of owning a Supra knowing how to work with it yourself? :)

i guess? but it's all about how much you want to spend to repair any damage you do to your engine....

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Halsupramk3 said:
...I tried to bypass the o2 heater sensor on my 90T also. I put i think a 3 ohm resistor (3 1 ohm resistors) to fool the oem ecu. It worked for a long time but i think i burned out something in the ecu as it thru a code 21 which is for 02 failure or o2 heater failure. I had to buy another ecu. Cant tell if my resistor cheat blew it or not.

not sure what this has to do w/the MAFT pro...

Halsupramk3 said:
Questions for DrJonez after vacation.

What can be done or how is this problem addressed in instalation or programming for 89+ mk3s to fix 02 sensor and heater codes? I do think if there is a code 21 timing is pulled and other values are used to guestimate fuel.

not sure where the O2 thing came from....the MAFT pro doesn't interface w/the stock O2 sensor...leave the stock sensor hooked up as is.

Halsupramk3 said:
What is the largest injectors that can be run with this device? I think the TCCS has a minimum injector duty of 3% which is one reason piggybacks can not get the large injectors (700cc etc) to idle properly. The pulse is not short enough for the larger injectors. How is this controlled to make proper idle with large injectors?

size is limited by your own discretion. personally, if you're trying to run larger than 720s, you need a standalone....

i've had no problems making 720s play nice w/the stock ECU and the old-skool eman, the MAFT pro will be no different.

Halsupramk3 said:
I have a blitz spec R EBC. Can i keep this for boost control or will the pro with the actuator do it as good for me and be easier to control boost by itself?

sure you can keep your EBC....or you can use use the MAFT pro, it's totally up to you.

Halsupramk3 said:
Thanks for your continued support for the mk3 crowd.

thanks man....but the real thanks is deserved to bob and the guys @ fullthrottlespeed.com....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
tuning is by no means some sorta black magic voodoo. but you can wreck things in a hurry if you dont know what you are doing. never be too proud to take it to someone who does.

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
drjonez said:
heh. if you don't know what you're doing, DON'T DO IT. you can easliy fry your engine with ANY "tuning" device. if you don't understand how they work and how tuning works, it's best left to a pro. most shops will let you watch them work, which is a fine oppurtunity to learn.

just search here, on SF and on the net. TONS of info...

i guess? but it's all about how much you want to spend to repair any damage you do to your engine....

Of course, I'm not going to go "mucking around" with any sort of tuning device on my car until I 100% know what I'm doing.

Perhaps I'll read up on as much as I can about tuning, then find a local tuner who is willing to assist me with tuning my own car. Basically, someone to watch over my shoulder as I go...

Thanks for your continued support, DrJonez.

dbsupra90 said:
tuning is by no means some sorta black magic voodoo. but you can wreck things in a hurry if you dont know what you are doing. never be too proud to take it to someone who does.

I could never be too proud - I wouldn't want to risk hurting my Supra. :)

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Tuning is a skill that can be learned by most people, you need to have patience and realistic goals. You should start with a car that is not modified or only slightly modded. Then you can add the tuning device of choice as well as proper measurement/logging/feedback. Get the car running properly with the tuning device, with a neutral tune. Get familiar with the operation of your selected hardware, and learn how engine controllers 'think'. Make a small adjustment and verify it with the feedback tools. Everyone has to start somewhere. There are lots of folks around here to lend a hand.

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
well, i finally had a chance to spend some time with the timing monitor- it looks nearly ready to go. i'm going to check a few more things and then we'll call it done.

the timing monitor will be included in the next software release (4.4). yup, software upgrades are FREE and easily done by the user.

in case you're not aware, this is HUGE for the MKIII.....probably one of the biggest developments since the elbow eliminating DP....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
:: starts saving pennies :: :) there are few things that excite me. this is one of those few things.

-shaeff